article about drinking water

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I drink a 1.5 litre thing every single day.

I have to otherwise I can cramp without that and my daily banana.

Originally posted by Celerity@Feb 17 2005, 12:10 PM
I suggest you all listen to Lewis Black's routine on drinking water

"When I grew up, if I wanted water.. I would walk to the sink, Get my little cup, Open the tap, And have a drink. Then I would go outside and play. Now you can't touch the water in the tap, Because someone decided to stop purifying the water because it was too expensive. But then again, you're buying bottles of water - So you're spending the same fuck amount on it ! And did you notice that the same time they started charging you for water in bottles, the doctors started saying "Drink 8 bottles a day!" It's b-b-b-ullshit !

-> Steve
[post=462132]Quoted post[/post]​

i drink tap water. forget poland springs. tap water has more minerals and such in it. plus, its basically free.

Originally posted by Blanco@Feb 15 2005, 07:49 PM
I'm 6'5" and 215lbs, my Urologist told me that even with stones a gallon was more than I needed. You have to figure that the recommended water intake is half a gallon a day. And I tend to trust an in demand Urological Surgeon who's been in practice for over 20 years.
[post=461485]Quoted post[/post]​

you're 'supposed' to drink your body's weight in ounces a day. so, i weigh 100 lbs, i should drink 100 oz everyday. that's the 'formula' that i was told, and read, etc. kidney stones are an overcalcification... a lot of waste was dumped into your kidneys, and stayed there.... i had stones too, but they were completely dissolved using cranberry, butcher's broom, marshmallow, and juniper berries...

...i don't like doctors at all... and i've never argued with results... so, that's why i practice what i practice. i'm not saying you're wrong, i just have a different way.

i'm not sure how much your half gallon is equal to in ounces cuz i'm not good with conversions. i don't want to start an argument here either, but, sometimes surgeons who've been in practice over 25 years don't mean anything... my mom was just in for a procedure she shouldn't have been in for. once they got the stent where they thought they needed it, it was found to have NO blockage. they mis read the MRI, misdiagnosed her, and put her into a surgery she had no need for. the team of doctors were 'experts' in their field... in practice over 25 years... *shrug*

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Feb 18 2005, 11:48 AM
i'm not sure how much your half gallon is equal to in ounces cuz i'm not good with conversions.
[post=462637]Quoted post[/post]​

1 gallon = 128 fluid ounces

wow i drink 4 liter of milk a day so that 1 gallon and i drink my creatine so thats 1 liter and then a couple bottle through the day?
but then again it cold here and you get dehydrated fgaster

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Feb 19 2005, 12:24 AM
wow i drink 4 liter of milk a day so that 1 gallon and i drink my creatine so thats 1 liter and then a couple bottle through the day?
[post=462992]Quoted post[/post]​

how does it all fit in your stomach? thats alot of liquids,

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy+Feb 19 2005, 04:17 AM-->
hcivic.com
@Feb 19 2005, 12:24 AM
[post=462992]Quoted post[/post]​

how does it all fit in your stomach? thats alot of liquids,
[post=463062]Quoted post[/post]​

You'd be surprised how fast your body absorbs the water.
damn in boot camp we drank atleast 8 canteens of water a day, im not sure ow big those are, but it was a lot of water.

Originally posted by Calesta+Feb 15 2005, 06:01 PM-->
sLuShBoXtEgGy
@Feb 15 2005, 04:05 PM
i know you can but come on. its almost impossible. i drank half a gallon of water just writing that post. and you never hear about someone dying from drinking to much water. ive heard of it once that i can remember and it was drug related. doctors should focus on real problems.
[post=461304]Quoted post[/post]​

You CAN die from drinking too much water. Everything in your body relies on balance... get too much or too little and you're screwed. It's a good thing our bodies are pretty good at regulating themselves. Just drink when you think or want to drink and you'll be fine. There's no point in counting ounces of water every day. Depending on your metabolism and body chemistry, you'll need different amounts of water than someone else with the same body weight.
[post=461348]Quoted post[/post]​

Pretty much only schizos can die from hyperhydration because they're in a break from reality, everyone else would stop first or be forced to stop via puking and feeling so terrible that they wouldnt want to drink more.

Also if you wait until you're thirsty to drink, then you're already beginning to dehydrated. You may not be completely dehydrated but you're definately not at your highest level of hydration.

Best way to tell if you're hydrated or dehydrated is to look at the color of your urine. If its clear then you're completely hydrated and urinating excess water. If your urine is a dark yellow then you're dehydrated and only the nitrogenous wastes and other products filtered by your kidneys are coming out and no water.

Your urinary system will regulate your water intake, reabsorbing water if need be, and urinating excess water and wastes out of the body.

That article was 100% retarded

isn't that what i said? one ounce per 2 lbs isn't equal to half your body weight in oz? uh...

shit... i realized i originally posted it wrong. sorry. it's supposed to be half your body's weight in oz. so i should drink ~50 oz of water a day. muh bad. hahaha *blonde hair shows*

...i'm not saying i know more in the least. i never went to medical school. what i believe is based on what i learned elsewhere... (in classes) but it's not endorsed by doctors, because we don't 'prescribe' anything. and well, most medical doctors refuse to believe that herbs and alternative therapy works. i'm just giving you my history with doctors... and my reasons for what i believe. :)

Back