Ase Certification?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattcalica

are any of you guys on the forum ASE certified? I want to get the certification, but i dont know what to do exactly. I went to the website (ase.com) and it says you need to take the tests and have 2 years work experience as an auto technician...but what exactly does work experience entail? I mean, does working at midas count??? so for any of you who have gotten certified, let me know...down here in hawaii, we have a shortage of mechanics. ase certified technicians make 80-90 g's a year.

Yes, I am ASE master certified and you do have to have 2 years of work expirience in the field, and any place counts, as long as it's a repair facility of some sort. Also tech school or college time also counts as time spent although only half. (i.e 2 years of technical school only counts as 1 year of expirience. It is however in my expirience that ASE almost never verifies that you do actually have 2 years expirirence. Along time ago before I did, I lied on the expirience form and said I had 3 years expirience when I only had one, and they never questioned it. Anyways you could probably get your boss to lie anyway, cause they are the ones who have to sign off on the form stating that you do have 2 or more years. Any other questions, let me know

actually pissedoffsol, you could if you wanted to...they recruit people from the states to come work down here...thats how bad our shortage is...actually, wait, maybe not...you might take my job...

Back