asmallsol's Swap Pics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nice man,

Hey which upper radiator hose are you using? It looks like its too long or needs the right bend.

I used the GSR Hoses radatior hoses and a mix and match with the heater core hoses. The GSR hoses are pretty much the same length, however, the civic/sol radaitor has smaller inlets. So, for now, I just used the worm/screw style clamps and tighten them up alot. For the heater hoses, I had to cut some to match the bends and connected them with some interior connectors.

As for the rest, I am going to honda today for the ball joint, and for the exhaust, I am going the ghetto way. Some flex exhaust piping and my stock sol exhaust. Should work for now.

Only good think about my garage is it is big. My mom used to make a haunted house out of it back when I was a kid. The floor sucks since the founation sucks. The floor is all shifted, it floods when it rains hard, and There are only 2 outlets so running 2 lights (flood light and drop light) radio, heater, and a soughting (Sp?) iron is hard to do. Plus, it is so cold.

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Dec 7 2003, 09:02 PM
Looks great!! congrats. nice to hear not ALL swaps are major pains in the a$$ with wiring, etc.

good job! :thumbsup:

True that ^

Hope all goes well, make sure you tell us how it rides after!

looks good man, my B18C will be going in my sol in jan. have you taken it out for a spin yet?

looks good mang. :)

Isnt the evap purge just emisions bullshit? I think the only one that needs to be hooked up is the one that goes to the map. Iam I wrong?

i used a chisel on my cat bolts. and a BFH for good measure. i hammered the shit outta that mofo till the neighbors called. then i replaced everything with stainless steel blots and nuts. NEVER AGAIN, BISH! :D

:cliffs:
rusted out bolts = :ghey:
chisel and BFH = :fuckyou3:
stainless steel bolts = :worthy:

Update.

For the bolts that were stuck in the collector to cat (just on the header side) were totally seized in there. I hammered away at them today, finally I whip out the tourch. So I heated the mofo up for a good while, then snaped them with a hammer and chissel.

As for the foot gap that GSR to civic/sols suffer from, I did a ghetto fix, however it worked very well. The the old cat was stuck on old POS cat back, and that fitting was kinda rusted and had an exhaust leak. Since I had the Stock catback for the GSR, I cut off that fitting, then ran a 2 1/4 pipe from autozone, and filled in the gap. Ghetto, however, now it is quieter then it was before the swap. Since now I had the exhaust on, I could let it run for a while. I ran it long enough to heat and bleed the cooling system.

Here are some pics of the Ghettoness

s3fd53040c8334.jpg

The fix
s3fd5304f6b6dd.jpg

Ghetto clamps
s3fd5307fc0e0d.jpg

Kinda ugly.
s3fd5307257e55.jpg

Fillin in the gap
s3fd530615cc87.jpg

That was the last one.

She sounded good, quieter then before the swap, so I am happy.

Now the last thing that has to go is the Tire Rod ball joint. Once that arives from honda, she is ready to take for a spin.

It is going to be hard to not drive her hard for the first 500 miles. Clutch break in time :(

Looks good. You will have a lot of fun with it. You can buy new tie rod assemblies at autozone for 45 bucks. They had a good supply of Honda ones when I bought mine.

Looking really good. Try to find tons of errands to do, so you could put the miles on easy, and not have to rip on it yet.

Not to bogar your thread but......
How good do those exhaust clamps work? I need to put in a resonator, and iffing if I should I use exhaust clamps or pay someone else to weld it for 50 bucks.

as for how good the clamps are, they're not. It is ghetto but it is better then exhaust leaks and open header. I am looking at getting a new catback (RS-R, Apex-i or Greddy)

you dirty bastard :angry:

i got all happy when i saw RS-R listed :D
thought maybe they released it for the sol finally :eek:
checked the site and its still not there :(

:bawling:

What b16 said to me is that the EG catback just might work because if you run the EG on a stock sol, you have to trim a little bit off. Since I am missing a little bit, maybe that would work. All the hangers are the same.

RS-R keeps saying that they will get it, still nothing.

Back