asmallsol's Swap Pics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well all problems are fixed pretty much for now. Problem one speedo.

Checked all connections, took one off at a time, put back on, then went to the next sensor. The VSS seemed like it just needed to click. Test drive? I got speedo!

Problem 2, VAFC

As soon as the first time I started the GSR up, I pressed the reset botton on the VAFC. Well, I am going through it, what do you know, GSR is only a 4 cyl (it defults to a 6 cylinder) Problem solved. Still have to program a few more settings like redline, and stuff like that.

Problem 3, massive pull to the right

First time, I adjusted the tire rod the wrong way, Made it worse. Then I do it again, much better, but could use some work. Try 3, got it almost perfect. It is now good enough to at least get to the alignment rack tommrow.

Problems that I have to resolve...

Noticed that half of my front underbody is hanging down (the plastic peice that goes under the radiator and fan) so I have to find the screws and Put that back.

Noticed a small leak in coolant. Guess I need to pick up the del Sol VTEC lower hose.

489.2 miles until clutch is broken in is over

On one of my test drive (once I thought I had the alignment pretty good) in third, I made it up a little into 6k rpm's then pressed on brakes until the RPMs were down to 3k. VTEC works, Secondarys work. Yippy!

Damn looks like it went along just fine.

:thumbsup: What seems to be a real good swap.

Originally posted by B16+Dec 12 2003, 12:47 AM-->
Originally posted by asmallsol@Dec 11 2003, 08:18 PM
B16
@Dec 12 2003, 12:17 AM
:thumbsup:
welcome to the world of VTEC :)

I had V-Tackey before, it was just not V-taxkeyS. Notice the S

c'mon, its not really vtec unless it is dohc ;)

Yea, the Veetackeyness is acutally there in the Douche engine!

Back