at last we meet again for the first time for the last time.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
..yeah, you're too young

100_0291.jpg

it will never emerge the same again...goodbye cruel world

100_0312.jpg

Too bad it's a first gen. I could use some parts for mine.

Free bump. Good luck man. Sucks to see it go.

I have to take it apart...I can't register/sell it
-previous reg issue

sucks, I dumped alot of time and $$ into it...trying to re-coop what I can and possibly put it into the EF

I have to take it apart...I can't register/sell it
-previous reg issue

sucks, I dumped alot of time and $$ into it...trying to re-coop what I can and possibly put it into the EF
damn man..i feel the same,alota money and time into my ef,and it went to shit

cars in RI over 10 years old don't have titles, so when you sell one all you give the new owner is a bill-of-sale...same is true for cars in NH

I bought a car out of NH and live in RI...becasue its out of state they say I need either a title or the previous registration. No titles in NH for cars that old and the registration was turned in when the old owner registered his new car (kept the same plates so the make you turn in the old reg.)

theres no title and no previous reg so theres nothing I can do with it except take it apart, use it as a track car (and trailer it everywhere), or sell it for parts...I"m going with option 1

DMV should be able to do a search. I would think there would be a way to rectify that.

they'll only talk to the previous owner...he'd have to go to the registry and he now lives in Ohio (I bought the thing last winter)...taking it apart is easier and less aggravating than dealing with the DMV

I fucking hate the people who work at the DMV, I think they get-off on peoples misery and they love telling them they have the wrong form, or they just stood in the wrong line for 3 hours, or that "you can't do that without -insert form/paperwork here-"...you should've seen the smug look on the girls face when I got up to the counter and explained the situation, given the chance I would've punched her right in the face

I thought about grabbing a shell, but the though of ripping all the suspension, swap, ect out of 2 cars and putting it all back in 1, quite frankly, disgusts me

I already have 90% of the suspension, and a few body parts sold and the swap is on ebay

I"m selling out and going with the easier (to work on/find parts) chassis...call me a quitter

the Z may be on its way out too...trading it in for something......else..........thats not a 2 seater.......................................................or a coupe :ph34r:

that sucks man. RI DMV ftl. you can do a new title / lost title searchhere in ct for like 40 bucks i think.

I love being in Canada. My car is only 2 or so years from needing to be emission tested and we can own any import car if it meets safety specs and i believe must be 10 years or older. I could have a Skyline if i had a couple grand sitting around.

Sorry to hear your loss friend.

I have dibs on the suspension bits. Needing that panhard.

dude, you have to check RPR more often...the part out FS thread has been up for a week

the only part of my suspension thats hasn't been paid for are the struts....the PHB, coilovers, torsion bars, and brake lines all went the 1st day

my friggin Houseman kit is on ebay along with the ZC swap (they end tomorrow)

Jersey DMV has gotten WAY better. Well now I would consider it "functional", which was way better than, "WTF, I'm going to kill someone." However my last encounter pissed me off a little. I needed a driving abstract for my new job, I go to the small office in my town.

Me-"Hi, I need to get my driving abstract."
DMV-"You need to go to the regional office in Eatontown".
Me-"You don't have computer access to the files or something?"
DMV-" No, we do. I can pull them up for you but in order for you to get a copy you need to go to Eatontown.."

They friggin' had access to them and everything but apparently the regional office is the only one with the "print" option. Like WTF? I would have paid a convenience charge just so I didn't have to drive 30 minutes.

Back