AT&T got owned

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'm often conneted to wifi when i use my iphone for calling, so call quality is never a problem.

I just had a brush with AT&T's customer service. I do use the iPhone. I've dropped it probably 50+ times, but this last time, it landed flat on its back.. Screen went solid white. Resetting, restoring, nothing worked, so I took it into AT&T to get it repaired or replaced. I did purchase the insurance..

I walk into the AT&T store and say :

"I have a problem with my pho.." Chick takes a glance at the phone in my hand and cuts me off, "WE don't service those! That is an apple product... You have to go to an apple store! Will you be in Dallas or Austin any time soon??"
(Sure, thats a fair assumption, being that We're 200+ miles from both)
"Ummm.. No.. You can't give me a loaner and send this off for repair or something??"
"No sir, that is an apple product, we don't service those"
"Yes, we covered that, you won't even ship it to apple so they can repair it"
"No sir, we are the carrier, we don't support the hardware"
"Ok.. Will you please give me a loaner phone so I can ship this thing off and get it fixed?? I don't care if its a used piece of crap.."
"No sir. It is not our responsibility to give you a loaner phone.."

(Now, this is after, when purchasing the phones, I made the rep swear up and down that they will repair or replace them AND give me a loaner phone when I smashed it up, because it is inevitable, I smash cell phones. Its a hobby of mine.)

That was a half-polite STFU and GTFO. Complete and total failure in customer satisfaction/support/service/anything whatsoever. At least she didn't shit on my chest before I left, I suppose.

Now, apple, on the other hand was magnificent. I refused to tell them I dropped the phone, because they would have had an "out" and I would have been charged $499.. I bought the fucking insurance, I'm going to use it!! So, "I was in the middle of reading a txt when the screen went white" That was my story and I stuck to it.

Service rep.. "Sir, I am very sorry you are having problems with your iPhone.. We'll get a new one shipped out to you, just swap over the sim card, put yours back in the box, and mail it back to us.. Thanks for calling!"

So I dig up an old stone age piece of shit cell phone I had in a junk drawer, slap my sim card in it, and prepare to live in the technological stone age for a couple of weeks. The next day fedex came knocking.. They priority over nighted that fucker! Didn't cost me a cent. All smiles again.

And yes, I love my iPhone. Even after it iFailed. (how many times can you drop a laptop before it finally eats shit, anyway?) Plugged the replacement in, hit restore, and everything is back, 100% the way I had it.

your iPhone has a sim card??

i will definately give props to Apple's customer service. always willing to go to the extra mile even at their cost to keep customers.

SIM card goes in the little slide-out tray between the headphone jack and the lock button.

Never had a problem with AT&T, no experience with service cause I've never had to call it, bills have always been right, coverage is great in my area. Had them for about 6 years now.

Linh has had chitty customer service with ATT in fact she switched last year to Verizon wireless only issues we've had with verizon is the website doesn't work everyday if you use something other then IE, and after asking to remove any functions other then basic talk from her moms phone, they still charged her for 10kb of data usage, they round it up to like 5 bucks for anything under x many MB, I called up and had zero issues with them fixing the problem. Verizon has always been great CS wise for me. ATT linh use to go off on them in order to get them to fix anything. Apple has always been good with CS no debate there I just wish you could remove the battery and swap out memory in the iphones.

Linh has had chitty customer service with ATT in fact she switched last year to Verizon wireless only issues we've had with verizon is the website doesn't work everyday if you use something other then IE, and after asking to remove any functions other then basic talk from her moms phone, they still charged her for 10kb of data usage, they round it up to like 5 bucks for anything under x many MB, I called up and had zero issues with them fixing the problem. Verizon has always been great CS wise for me. ATT linh use to go off on them in order to get them to fix anything. Apple has always been good with CS no debate there I just wish you could remove the battery and swap out memory in the iphones.
You can, you're just not allowed to.

at&t for me fails, simply because their CSR's suck DICK. Every time i need to call for any reason, i have to ask for a supervisor, then his or her supervisor, and so on...

fuck all the bullshit. im about to just go live in a fuckin tent and use the ol' string and a soup can trick. at least then i'll feel like im getting my money's worth

You're on the wrong damn plan then. The unlimited plan is $99 /m

I know, but I also have international calling and such.

I don't pay the bill, work does. The person who negotiated the blackberry plans was a part of our data committee.

He saved $15/month going from wireless air cards to tethering with the blackberry. This gave the appearance to the company that we were saving overall. I could have negotiated a better deal by myself.

I constantly get double charged and then credited back by verizon was well. Oh well, work pays, I don't.

your iPhone has a sim card??

i will definately give props to Apple's customer service. always willing to go to the extra mile even at their cost to keep customers.

Apple customer service was one reason why at one point I swore I would never bu an apple product again.

I had to schedule an appointment at the apple store to have my phone looked at. Since I was getting a hair cut when I was at a business meeting out of state, I missed my 15minute window.

I had to wait at the genius bar for 2 hours. The end result was the OS was reloaded on the phone and I lost everything. No explanation for the failure either.

Apple customer service was one reason why at one point I swore I would never bu an apple product again.

I had to schedule an appointment at the apple store to have my phone looked at. Since I was getting a hair cut when I was at a business meeting out of state, I missed my 15minute window.

I had to wait at the genius bar for 2 hours. The end result was the OS was reloaded on the phone and I lost everything. No explanation for the failure either.

this sounds a lot more familiar to the experiences i have heard about from friends around here ....

and "genius bar" :lmao: im glad they're not full of themselves or anything

He saved $15/month going from wireless air cards to tethering with the blackberry.

At my old job we did this. Everyone had problems with the tethering, it would take a long time to get everything linked up. It took me 25 minutes one time to get the damn thing to finally connect, then someone called me. It dropped the connection and started over again.

Back