AT&T introduces rollover Data

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Are you sharing with anyone or just you?

I use a lot of data because I stream music from my NAS on my commute. I've cut that down because I was going over my 2gb a month. Now I cache them on my phone when I'm on a wifi..
get a friggin SD card for $5 and load music on it. lol

AT&T Roadside Assistance-$2.99

do you use this?

"It covers four service events per year with a $50 maximum benefit."

how many years have you been paying for it?
how many tows have you had?

you pay $36/ a year for something that odds are you won't use, and when you do need to use it will still cost you more anyway (who got a tow that cost less than $50 lately?)

I've used it twice in the last 6 months. lol

I don't pay for AAA or anything else. It covers me and any car i'm in. Also covered a motorcycle tow once.

Who even HAS music anymore that isn't a DJ?

Lol. It's 2015. Stream Pandora or Slacker for free or pay a tiny fee for no ads if they bother you. Done.

Streaming music on my commute (2hrs/day) is the bulk of my data useage. The rest is fb/forums/YouTube.

get a friggin SD card for $5 and load music on it. lol
An SD card? I have like 200GB of music, no way I'm spending time on copying random shit. My DS Audio app does random 100 from my entire collection! :) However I recently found a feature where I can download all those randoms locally. Usually I'll load up with 600 random songs for the week on my iPhone and rotate through those.

Who even HAS music anymore that isn't a DJ?

Lol. It's 2015. Stream Pandora or Slacker for free or pay a tiny fee for no ads if they bother you. Done.

Streaming music on my commute (2hrs/day) is the bulk of my data useage. The rest is fb/forums/YouTube.
I do Pandora and Slacker from time to time as well. I like the music I've collected over the past 13 years. It is a very wide range of genres.

Pandora plays the same 25 songs over and over again and has shit for variety in genres i'm interested in.

Reactions: B16
An SD card? I have like 200GB of music, no way I'm spending time on copying random shit. My DS Audio app does random 100 from my entire collection! :) However I recently found a feature where I can download all those randoms locally. Usually I'll load up with 600 random songs for the week on my iPhone and rotate through those.

I do Pandora and Slacker from time to time as well. I like the music I've collected over the past 13 years. It is a very wide range of genres.
ohh, you have an iphone.. i forgot those useless things don't have an SD card slot :X

i swap in my 64gb sd card into my sd card slot on my computer and move files over to it every now and again and it goes back in the phone.

i don't want radio stations though. Pandora and the like are useless to me. I want to pick the artist, album, and song whenever i want it.

Reactions: B16
google music / spotify seem like very viable solutions. I have like 60gb of music on my desktop I stream from home. I have yet to make the plunge to google music or spotify but I feel its coming soon.

ohh, you have an iphone.. i forgot those useless things don't have an SD card slot :X

i swap in my 64gb sd card into my sd card slot on my computer and move files over to it every now and again and it goes back in the phone.
LOL.

I had an SD slot in my Benz. I used that like once. I hated having to actually choose music even from my own collection. The DS audio app has a good randomizer, so I just use that. I tell it 600 random songs, ask it to download over my wifi before I go to bed.

I'm always on my phone for work day in and day out and still only use about 1gb/
i don't want radio stations though. Pandora and the like are useless to me. I want to pick the artist, album, and song whenever i want it.

You'd like prime music from Amazon.

I love spotify. I have amazon prime, so ill give that a shot.

prime music is pretty good, but it still data-streams even after you've cached it to the phone. it doesn't re-download it, but it still does some data xfer. i listed to a cached set at the gym over the hour or so and looked up my data usage (only i used that day) and it was about 2mb. so it's not much but it's not free/clear either.

I used google play for a bit, but honestly, the quality sucks. its like 128kbs rips.

"Unused Rollover Data automatically expires after 1 billing period... Rollover Data is always consumed last, after your other data allowances."

This means that people who regularly do not go over their data gain nothing, and people who regularly go over will also gain nothing.

but for those of us who usually stay under, but have a big month from time to time won't get wacked with an overage charge

but for those of us who usually stay under, but have a big month from time to time won't get wacked with an overage charge

Just this month I got hit with a $10 fee for going to 2046mb. $10 for 46mb. Would have been nice to have the rollover from the previous month.

Back