AT to MT conversion HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

-94-AccordH22

hello.
on my 94 acclude im converting it to manual. do i need both passanger and driver MT axles or just the Drivers side?? also The intermediate shaft. not quite sure what that is??
thanks

i dont quite understand. cant use stock ones there AT axles. and what do you mean get the int shaft and axle.
do i need to buy both sides axles or just driver?

your axles will fit in a mt tranny and if you have no clue what i am talking about i think that you should not perform this task

trust me pal i know what im doing but i dont understand how you say i can use my stock stuff with a MT and then like 3 other people saying i need MT axles

plus i thought this was a place to learn not get criticized about not doing what i want. so your saying i CAN use my stock axles and shafts and everything?

That looks like a good write up. The mechanichal parts are sure to be very similar. The wiring will be different, since he was swapping a newer OBD2 Accord. Nothing a smart guy can't figure out.

Good luck to anyone that wants to try this. I like simplicity. I'd probably buy a manual EX Wagon before swapping my car.

Helms is your friend.

ok here is the deal the axle you have should fit the only diff is the manuel trans have the inte shaft and short axle to compensait for the torque. so the drivers side axle on the auto is long and the pass is short they should interchange. the manuel trannys have the short shaft and the inte shaft. then there are all the other issues.

what i am saying is if you do not know what a inte shaft is you probally will not be able to do this swap, you have to change mounts then you have to change ecus then you have to remove all the shift lock stuff, and fugure out how to make it start then you have to mount shift linkage, then you need to mount the pedal assemblys for the 5 speed.

its not an easy task.

In English translation:

Keep the driver's side axle. The passenger side will be replaced with an intermediate shaft and drive axle from a manual tranny.

A lot of work, blah blah, much wiring, blah blah, it'll be a bitch.

If you are not mechanically inclined and good with wiring, buy a manual.

[/translation]

Quoted post[/post]]
In English translation:

Keep the driver's side axle. The passenger side will be replaced with an intermediate shaft and drive axle from a manual tranny.

A lot of work, blah blah, much wiring, blah blah, it'll be a bitch.

If you are not mechanically inclined and good with wiring, buy a manual.

[/translation]

thanks tab thets pretty much sums it up

so all i need to buy which is what i was asking is the pass side int shaft and axle?

and of course the shift assembly and crap listed in the write up

ok cool thanks alot to all that helped. sory kaos for confusion i know what a int shaft is but i thought you were talking about getting one on the drivers side???
i know what the pass side one is.

thanks again

ps. whats the tranny code for a h23 5 spd. im buying one but i want to make sure that its a h23 NOT and h22. and how hard would it be to put LSD in one??

yea my shop has go the press. but all i need is the lsd kit that has the bearings and stuff right? is it hard to rip apart the tranny??

thanks

I'm in the process of doing a 5 speed conversion on a 95 accord lx. I have a transmission out of a 94 and it went in beautifully. I know that im going to have to do some wiring, but i started it up with all of the stock auto shifter in it and it fired up the first time, then when i went to start it again and it was flashing the d4 light and then it would not start. Ive put a multi meter on the starter and it is getting power from the ignition switch and the starter is good, but it is not turning over. I figured since it was still on the stock shifter that it would start. What should i do in order to get the wiring done. i know what i need to do to get the reverse lights, but i need to know about the starter. Please help! I cant wait to get my car going now.

Back