At Work Today, I Got The First Look At The Srt-4

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

One thing that I have discovered with Neons, especially with brand new ones, look at the bumpers. They are a different shade paint than the rest of the car. You have to pay close attention but its true. They never match and I have never seen one that did. Even on the new SRTs. I get to do PDIs (Pre-Delivery Inspections) where we check over the whole car and put in an IOD Fuse for the electronics to work and drive the car, truck, or van around for ten miles; I begged my boss to let me PDI one but he just sayed no.

Dodge rebuilt everything totally, internally that is. Forged Pistons and Rods, new type of head and valve cover gasket. Neons have a big problem with that; they last about two years. Its got a good compression ratio 8:1. I wouldn't buy one but I will definitly drive one if I had a chance.

im just happy for my friend, he is going from a saturn to an srt4, you can't NOT be happy for somebody about something like that!

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@Mar 30 2003, 04:10 PM
you mean take the turbo, dual mufferless exhaust, wheels, big ass brakes, redone interior, intercooler, hood, kit, wing and other small things off it and its a regular ole neon?

You took my point to the next level. Remove the turbo, and you have a riced out neon.

Back