ATT buys t-mobile?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

She's only 41. That's probably old to you young bucks, but seems about perfect for me.

Also, Michael Douglas landed her with one of the greatest lines ever.

I think shes a very good looking woman. and no 41 isn't old but she's not a 20 year old model either. Note, how T mobile has a new girl.....

I never had a problem with the service, my issue was they sold a phone that was 3g capable, but it was slow as balls.

I have the same complaint. My phone was sold to me as "a 3G capable smart phone". It's a Samsung Impression, fyi. This is clearly NOT a 3g experience however. The web browser's a rudimentary piece of shit that takes a good 30 seconds to load a page, and clearly it's not a genuine smart phone. I suppose that's my fault for not researching it better, but still, I feel like I didn't get what I was promised.

I did actually sign my contract before they did away with unlimited data, but what's the point with this POS phone? It's sad, but I usually just end up carrying my iPod touch around with me in addition to my phone and using wireless wherever I can find it for web browsing.

The only positive here is that they've switched to a system where your contract cancellation fees go down every month, so like I said, once it gets down to a point where it's bearable, I'm out...

EDIT: I also should mention that my negative phone buying experience could be attributed to an incompetent sales staff at the store I went to, but at the same time, I feel that with all the other problems AT&T's given me, this is probably par for the course...

Last edited:
I just got away from AT&T about 10 days ago. I looked at T-Mobile, and while their plans were pretty nice, the MyTouch 4G was $150 with a new contract. I ended up going with Verizon and a Droid X for $50. Got two X's on the contract, and the bill should be about the same as I was paying for two lines on ATT. I had an iPhone, and have been waiting for Android to get to the point where I didn't feel like I'd be missing the iPhone much. So far, the only ting I miss about the iPhone is having install.ous on there and dl'ing apps for free, but who cares int he end. I was pretty close to paying the extra $$ to get that My Touch 4G, and I'm sure glad I didn't now.

im waiting til verizon gets a 4G/LTE iPhone, then hoping over to verizon. my plan should will be up by the time it happens. i dont really have a problem with att, verizon is just a little better in my area. and it makes no sense to switch to an iphone on verizon now when it wont be any faster, and cant browse data + call at the same time.

i would consider virgin if they had the iphone. or even some of the newer droids. you can NOT beat the plans they have. unlimited data, text, email and 1200 mins for $40. gtfo, untouchable. unless you have really old t-mobile plan that still works.

well, i'll stay with them until they try to raise my prices.

i dont use the internet, so i dont care about that. unless they try to force me to have it since i have a droid.
right now, i have the droid, but no internet at all, and it works fine for me. i have no need for the net, but all the need in the world for a good phone.

so, if either of those happens, i'll be going to virgin and hoping they have a good droid phone that i like, or there is a way to unlock a droid and use it on their service. i refuse to pay any more than im paying right now, and i refuse to pay an extra $30 a month to have internet on my phone that will never get used.

I considered Virgin as well, but what bothers me is that none of the sprint stores or the big box stores have a working display model of the Virgin smartphone. Their plans are awesome, and I wouldn't have minded paying the up front cost of the phone at all, but unless I can hold it and try it out first there's no way in hell I'm buying it.

The samsung intercept on virgin is the exact same phone as the one for sprint.
I have no issues with it. Does everything I need to it do, and I pay $26.76 a month after taxes/fees for doing the same shit you guys are paying 70-100 for.

yes, yes, we hear you preaching.

but, some of us are locked in contracts that would be too expensive to break in order to switch carriers.

the only worry that i would have with virgin would be: since there is no contracts, couldnt they jack up the rates at any time?

i'd probably still have an AT&T iphone 4... even if my company wasn't picking up my bill and i have a shit ton of options.

unlimited data (grandfathered)
nights and weekends at 7
unlimited text
a metric fuckton of minutes that ill NEVER use
international long distance
tether

yeah, i just like it. then again i'm on a corporate plan, not a personal plan. the service is just better.

The samsung intercept on virgin is the exact same phone as the one for sprint.
I have no issues with it. Does everything I need to it do, and I pay $26.76 a month after taxes/fees for doing the same shit you guys are paying 70-100 for.
Is it a capacitive or resistive touchscreen? That was one of the main things I was wondering.

well, i'll stay with them until they try to raise my prices.

i dont use the internet, so i dont care about that. unless they try to force me to have it since i have a droid.
right now, i have the droid, but no internet at all, and it works fine for me. i have no need for the net, but all the need in the world for a good phone.

so, if either of those happens, i'll be going to virgin and hoping they have a good droid phone that i like, or there is a way to unlock a droid and use it on their service. i refuse to pay any more than im paying right now, and i refuse to pay an extra $30 a month to have internet on my phone that will never get used.

So do you store music on your phone? Or download a lot of games or whatnot? I'm just kind of puzzled on why you'd need a Droid or any type of smartphone if you don't browse the web with it. I'd just get a cheap-o, basic Samsung phone or something like that in that scenario...

So do you store music on your phone? Or download a lot of games or whatnot? I'm just kind of puzzled on why you'd need a Droid or any type of smartphone if you don't browse the web with it. I'd just get a cheap-o, basic Samsung phone or something like that in that scenario...

i wanted the phone to replace my ipod touch.

it has wifi, the only kind of internet i need on a phone. i barely use that.
it has a mp3 player and accepts a regular headphone.
it has a touchscreen that has better response than my old samsung behold (one of the worst phones i have ever had) and after that phone, i really wanted a good screen.

i rarely play any games, and only have a couple downloaded.

i bought the milestone (droid) because it fell into my lap. guy told me about it, showed me that they are still selling on ebay, craigslist and amazon for about 350. said he would take 250 because he had no use for it. i offered 150 and he accepted.

so far, i love it. it does everything i need it to, and for what i use it for, the battery life is great. music player is the most extreme use it gets, and im able to plug it into my usb on my car radio and control through the radio.

Back