Att I mean Comcast..... I mean wait no yes ATT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I want FiOS too, but I'd have to move about 30mi to get it. From what I heard they're not expanding FiOS anymore so I'm pretty much stuck with TWC/Road Runner.

I always wondered what I used. but again, how bad could that 1% be?

speedtest.jpg

Either way I'm glad I made the switch.

:thumbsup: 25/25 package? Thats what I have. I thought the 10/5 was great, but my computer isn't even fast enough to use this connection to it's peak.

i could care less.. i dont have a smartphone, i dont have a data plan... i use my phone for what it is.. and thats a phone.. if i want internet, i'll get on the computer at home..

my download is good.. it gets up to 33mbs sometimes.. upload blows though

836624837.png

My download was 13-14 with comcast, I think the fastest I've ever downloaded something from a server was 550k/s

However uploads with comcast were pretty weak. maybe 2-3 range.

I do a lot of uploading from mp3s to videos and it really shines getting up to 25 although I've yet to break the 20 mark on speed test.

I say this all the time. The speeds that comcast advertises and the speeds listed from speed test sites are in Mbps. MegaBITS per sec. When your computer or browser measures speeds it's in MBps. MegaBYTES. 1 byte= 8 bits. So your 25Mb connection is really only 3.125MB/s at BEST. You will then be limited by the speeds of the routing servers and website you are accessing. That's why you really only see like 1-2MB/s.

That said, comcast has faster speeds now. 12-16Mbps was fast for them a year ago, but now they have 15, 30, and 50Mbps connections. Not all speeds are available in all areas though and the 50 speed is uber expensive, like 100/month for Internet alone. And they are working on 100Mbps from what I've read. True FiOS is getting better upload speeds, but that's not a selling point to most people IMO. Unless you care about torrent uploads or run a website I really don't see why you'd need uploads that fast. How fast is FiOS's fastest offering currently?

Last edited:
Residential they offer the 25/25 package with the premium tv package when you bundle all three int/ph/tv.

Well I meant what's the fastest you can get as a residential customer period, regardless of package deals.

I know, like I said I believe the fastest is the 25/25 package. I was on 10/5 until I upgraded my tv setup.

i could care less.. i dont have a smartphone, i dont have a data plan... i use my phone for what it is.. and thats a phone.. if i want internet, i'll get on the computer at home..
:werd: :withstupid:

Back