attempt to steal my CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What happened to my last post? It just disappeared. Anyway here it is again then.

What if you installed a car alarm so loud that it requires a separate battery because it takes so much voltage, and that it's sooooo freakin loud that you can hear it from over a mile away? Like a horn from a choo choo train put in the trunk so if they even touch the car then everyone will hear it from a mile away and have it programmed for a voice to say "HEY, I'M STEALING THIS CAR" "HEY, I'M STEALING THIS CAR" "HEY, I'M STEALING THIS CAR". Sounds pretty theft-proof to me.

you're right but this is another theft thread anyway

just take your wheels off at night.

just take your wheels off at night.

Holy sh**... I thought I was the only one that did that?!?!?!?!

Naw, the ol' s2k has INVIDIAS literally 5 feet from my bed room window, if it's started I will definitly hear it, and an F150/taurus/Civic parked in between it and the street everynight. As far as the wheels, they may get those but they better be extremely quiet, my Ruger is a light sleeper:D.

BLANCO does have a point about shooting someone over your property, but thats why people should always invest in a stolen fire arm.....so you have something to plant on the dead guy laying in your front yard!:p SH** is getting rough for a simple guy to protect his belongings. You can't shoot if people aren't a physical threat to you or your family, but they are able to skate-off with your hard-earned goods with just a slap on the wrist ( most times ). Hell, I'll snatch a french fry while your not lookin' just as quick as the next man, but I couldn't bring myself to take somethnig from someone after they've probally waisted away at their job just to get it. And the bad thing is, if a car thief had the same thing happen to him, he/she would be out on a friggin' man hunt like its O.K. for them to do it but noone else.

I wouldn't say it's our fault at all, but I do believe in personal responsibility. You have to keep in mind that people who aren't even registered here can read almost all of the forums. Would you walk around the mall passing out business cards with your personal information to complete strangers? Why would you do the same thing on the internet? Predators are out there and the best defense is a good offense. Get proactive instead of reactive...don't wait until the horse is already gone before you close the barn door.

+ rep for you

Yes, thievery sucks dirty ass, but I will never ever understand why people refuse to take some personal responsibility and do things (sometimes very simple things) that would often times deter theft, like simply locking your doors for example.

(Before everyone jumps on this, I realize that in some situations it may be better to leave your doors unlocked then have your windows broken, but those are special cases)

I worked with a woman who had her head unit stolen three times, and CDs stolen twice from the parking lot. All three times, broad daylight, car unlocked. She still refused to lock it after that, said that she shouldn't have too, that nobody should be stealing other people's shit.

That's true, but it's naive and idealistic. People do steal shit, and they will continue to steal shit. I don't understand why you wouldn't take every precaution to prevent that from happening...whether that be locking your doors, or blurring out your plates in the pictures you post online...

[/threadjack]

Sorry for the rant, and sorry to hear about your car man.

Now, I didn't say said thief wouldn't be looking down the barrel of my gun. Just that I wouldn't shoot him unless he was a threat. Most people stop cold when you point a gun at them and look like you'll use it. From there, the wife calls the popo and the badman gets carted away. Or, he becomes a physical threat and gets shot. And if you shoot someone who's a real threat you better kill that person because if not, he's going to sit in prison thinking about returning the favor...with interest. But then, you stand the risk of his friends/homies coming after you. Which brings us back to the point of trying to not shoot someone unless you absolutely have to. These are things you really have to consider before you pull a trigger.

I agree completely. Rep returned. :)

W3RD.... +2 rep( if it would let me ). I've thought about how I would handle a situation like that and have drawn a pretty similar conclusion, but I'm a nut-job so I'm not 100% sure how I'd react.

As for the theft victim.... sorry for your loss dude. I know what it's like to be robbed and not be able to do anythnig about it. Hopefully you can get squared away with your insurance company or it least get it back together.
gOOd lUcK!!!

Now, I didn't say said thief wouldn't be looking down the barrel of my gun. Just that I wouldn't shoot him unless he was a threat. Most people stop cold when you point a gun at them and look like you'll use it. From there, the wife calls the popo and the badman gets carted away. Or, he becomes a physical threat and gets shot. And if you shoot someone who's a real threat you better kill that person because if not, he's going to sit in prison thinking about returning the favor...with interest. But then, you stand the risk of his friends/homies coming after you. Which brings us back to the point of trying to not shoot someone unless you absolutely have to. These are things you really have to consider before you pull a trigger.

:)

now thats is what i have been telling people here all along. You have to think BEYOND shooting/beating people. This is also a reason i dont fight. If your gonna get me pissed off enought to fight youd better be ready for a long battle. I will beat you untill my arms fall off or youd better beat me sensless cuz i will keep getting up. And like told many others, i better not see you EVER again. Thats it its over.

i avoid confrotation because you never know which pussy is gonna try to jump you or get you do something else. the way i see it is you can beat me pick on me do whatever, i am VERY passive. BUT! When you fuck with family you will regret ever meeting me. IF that means beating you to death (i dont own a gun) in order to keep my family safe so be it.

end rant and a big rep for you Blanco

as far as thieves go, Texas has it right. You are LAWFULLY able to shoot someone trying to make off with your shit (or your neighbors).

as far as thieves go, Texas has it right. You are LAWFULLY able to shoot someone trying to make off with your shit (or your neighbors).

what about the guy who killed the 2 guys robbing his neighbors house.??. i think he got locked up

In the paticular case of Joe Horn, both of the men shot were illegal aliens. one was deported after prison time for selling drugs, the other one also had drug conviction(s), both had also comited prior burgleries(sp). To sum up: both were career criminals, did not belong in this country, caught in the act of commiting a crime and at the end of every day the world is a better place with out them waisting our air.

Back