attempt to steal my CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im gonna have to agree with the video taco posted ...

plus are you supposed to just let the guy taking your shit run off? no ...

and the fact that he is taking my stuff obviosusly shows that he doesnt give a shit about me ... why should i give a shit about him?

plus how do i know that he isnt going to exert deadly force against me in my process of trying to "peacfully" detain him.

eh ... kill or be killed.

Well personally if I heard/saw someone trying to open my car/house door you can be damn sure they'll have a gun in their face. Then one false move and BANG! I wouldn't go at it with the intent of shooting them just scaring them enough to stop and if they then decided to try attacking then it's self defense.

jeebus we're getting preyed upon here.

for the record i drive a POS '84 buick. and i live in queens. :ph34r:

That's funny, because my friend had me help him find his 84 Olds in Bronx. They steal those kinds of cars and use them as "Hoopty Cabs". They basically charge strangers for rides and then abandon them.

ok i am going to chime in here, when i first got the crx i lived in an appartment. i was sitting outside on the steps drinking a cold beer at 3 am in tn and its 85 degrees out. i see this explorer role by threw the lot four or five times. it then pulls up in the spot next to my car. mind you that my car looked like a pile of ricer garbage at the time. dude rolls down his window and tries to open up my passenger door. the guys flat out see me sitting there and still try the door handle. one of the backdoors open so i stepped in the appartment and grabbed the saturday night special and walk back outside. i walk up to the driver door of the explorer and dudes trying to yank it open. i say hey thats my car, go figure the dudes mexican and speaks a lick of english. other guys gets back in the car and i point to the car, then me, then the gun. they get the point and haul tail out of the lot. i get the plate number and call the cops. cops sit for fifteen minutes across the street. i am still outside and the idiots pull in again. cop pulls up, explorer is reported as stolen. four mexicans go to jail and end up being deported.

after painting the car some idiots tried to come steal my car with a tow truck untill i walked outside and the cops pulled up. filled charges of attempted auto theft.

so after that point i decided it was time for a house with a garage and security system. all this and i live in ohio now in a small quite town outside the major cities. the two times i almost got jacked i lived in quite towns where stuff like this doesnt happen. you cant fricken have a nice honda anymore without some low life scumbag wanting to jack your crap. so my advice is get a house with a garage and security system and move to a quiter town.

i dont post pics from my house either anymore. if i do it i do it from work. i think it would be funny for them to come there. thats why i never leave my car anymore. i am going to import alliance this year and taking the new beater just so i dont have to worry.

if you havent bought it yet i highly recomend it.

Pursuit of Function, segment talking about auto theft.

fail: movie wont embed. go to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and type in pursuit of function and scroll down till you find one with a number 7 next to it and watch it.

Last edited:
oh i understand your point completly Blanco ...

but I can shoot them and not get in trouble ... so why not.

if they dont feel like dying dont rob a texan.

:deadhorse: it's ok people just have diffrent oppinions. gotta agree to disagree sometimes.

i agree with Nootrac. I have stated my opinion its not likely to change soon. i respect everyone elses opinions, but everyone feels differently on things.

oh i understand your point completly Blanco ...

if they dont feel like dying dont rob a texan.

If you represent even a fraction of what our next generation's thought process is like then I am very scared. I sincerely hope that comment was just the rambling of a 17 year old with no real world/life experience.

hmm maybe i am ignorant your right. Or maybe i just havent been Blinded by the ignorance of the world around me yet.

Its not so much ignorance as a lack of understanding. Do you realize that what I quoted from you represents basically the same attitude as the people doing the stealing?

I know that this is a far fetched example but in reality but what is the difference between these two sentences?

and

but I can steal this car and most likely not get in trouble ... so why not.

I see the same mentality used to reason out both sentences.....

The difference. Im hurting a Criminal. They are hurting Law abiding citizens.

again its agree to disagree. Dont think im completely ignoring what your saying, i try and form my views based on what everyone else thinks compared to my own moral compass.

But if they werent breaking the law in the first place, they dont have to worry about legally being executed.

I can see both points actually. It's all opinion and experianced based. I used to always ask how someone could take someonelse's life over such petty stuff... until I was knocked out from a blow to the back of the head with a Browning 9mm, just to wake up to see my girlfriend stripped naked and all of our belongings were gone all except my socks, shorts, and tank top (4 guys decide they want to rob someone, we just happened to be there ). Now if anyone comes near anything of mine, I'll probally go nuts. I'd like to say I won't but I probally will. Death isn't something easily handed out, so instead of saying you WOULD shoot someone over your belongings is something you wouldn't know until your in that posistion. BLANCO could have his gun drawn on somebody and the all of a sudden shoot them out of fear/nervousness or whatever. However, it is smart to think his way because you are more likely NOT to shoot someone over something you consider stupid. Now to say your gonna do it just because you can get away with it ( in that particular situation ) 90 EF hatch, is a very bold statement. You would probally flinch if you were thrown into the situation of ACTUALLY having to pull the trigger. Hell, I would even flinch and I'm itching to shoot some thief because 4 goons decided they were gonna make me a fruit-basket for the rest of my life

Last edited:
UPDATE:

hey, guys. I would like to thank EVERYBODY for their support and input.
The bad news - the thug is still on the loose. But if he dares to give my CRX another shot - he will get a very special welcome, and thats gonna be tough, cos it's not parked in the same neighborhood.

The good news - the thief is in no way related to the forum. (Further log analysis proved that no ip that came from the forum landed on the file with my address info). I am really happy to know it.

I have read lots of stuff on the security topic and will prolly go with a combination of:

1)steering wheel club (it saved me once) (quick release is too expensive)
2) pedal block
3) couple of kill switches
4) alpine 150R alarm (nothing fancy but want a tilt/motion/hood sensors)
5) alpha lock for one wheel (or two?)

Sucks that i ll have to buy a new steering wheel (old mugen never went back to anything round ;-)) but it served its purpose - oem wheel would had been taken off more easily.. ) I think i ll go with "momo competition", less flashy.

Lojack/fancy gps viper is out of a student budget ;) I am thinking about gps cell phone hidden to track the location.

Input and suggestions are priceless for me.

Now Let's Look At This Instead !

Take a look into this and then you can put this thread to rest...
You can only beat this subject to death for just so-long a time..

www.powerlock.com

And ...YES, I have this unit and it's now 4 years old already...

WheelBroker1

that system does nothing if someone pulls up with a tow truck

Back