ATTENTION CALIFORNIA...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ugh, time to move to oregon.

for the record i voted for Camejo

I SO wanted to see Arnold make his acceptance speech in a leather jacket and sunglasses, and in a heavy accent:

'For my first order of business I shall introduce a bill to order the construction of SkyNet. You will vote in favor of this bill or be terminated'

Originally posted by DarkHand@Oct 8 2003, 12:49 PM
I SO wanted to see Arnold make his acceptance speech in a leather jacket and sunglasses, and in a heavy accent:

'For my first order of business I shall introduce a bill to order the construction of SkyNet. You will vote in favor of this bill or be terminated'

:bo:

Originally posted by sisteve@Oct 8 2003, 03:42 PM
This is true...or a former wwf superstar can become governor :)

Jesse was a S.E.A.L. before a wrestler, so that is a bit different than say Ronald Raygun, who as just a bad actor, and besides Predator rocks.

A fact to think about.
California is the countries 5th biggest economic market.

So imagine the implications if Arnold fucks up

You can't fuck up the situation worse than it is, just like 2 litre EG said, 38 billion in debt from a 7 billion dollar surplus, he pretty much spent 50 billion dollars, with nothing to show for it, except tripling car registration, THANKS GAY!! I moved for exactly this reason, if California happens to get better, I will probably move back, it is my home town, but until then, I will not vote Democrat, though I never would have in the first place, but Davis just put the icing on the cake with me. Arnold is actually an excellent businessman, he has over 3 businesses that he owns, and is doing succesful with it, he isn't like most celebrities, who try to sell a "grill" for money, but Arnie owns a few succesful business, as if he needed more money. Also, he can't get any further than this, and like somebody else stated, he isn't in it for the money, he might actually do it for the people. One last thing, he did make a statement that will be in my mind for a while. In his speech last he said "In order for the people to win, politics, as usual, must lose."

Has Arnold had ANY previous political experience.... has he ever even been a club treasurer or something?

I didn't like Ventura but at least he had been the mayor of a large suburb before his stint in office as the Gov... plus he was involved in the US navy so he has decent credentials

not just a body builder turned actor

but hey, I'm sure Arnold figures that if he was 5 times Mr. Universe how hard could it be to govern a tiny little state.... that would have to be easier than presiding over the entire Universe

Obviously, you don't live in California, and don't realize how fucked up the state really is. The price for gas is $2.00 a gallon. My electricity bill, in a fucking apartment was $175 a month. The rent for a one bedroom was $800 a month, in not the best area. Taxes are out of control, car registration has tripled. I can go on and on, about how fucked up it is. California needed a republican and without Arnold they would have never got it. You don't need political experience if you have the money to buy out the advisor's who have all the experience in the world.

Damn.. I'm a democrat.. but I must say McClintock would've been a kickass governer... damn good platform (I almost voted for him, but I figured he wouldn't have a chance, better to give my vote to Bustamante). But the real problem with California is that one man can't make a goddamn difference in the economy. There is so little discretionary spending in the budget it's a fluke to blame a single man (even tho Davis was a pansy) for the crisis. The real problem lies in the legislature... I say throw all the bums out =). Arnold is a joke, he doesn't even have a platform.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 8 2003, 03:41 PM
California needed a republican and without Arnold they would have never got it.

you know its funny that republicans say that when it was their conservative politics that sent california spiraling down into debt (see energy deregulation and its eventual effects on the california power system); though I'll concede that Davis' ineptitude made the situation worse. Not only that but Pete Wilson, the man who pushed deregulation through the california legislature, is one one of Arnold's top advisors. Hopefully Californians will see the error of their ways when, just like about every other republican politician (or at least the prominent ones), he just uses his power to cater to his big business buddies.

Originally posted by Guy@Oct 8 2003, 07:42 PM
Pete Wilson, the man who pushed deregulation through the california legislature, is one one of Arnold's top advisors. Hopefully Californians will see the error of their ways when, just like about every other republican politician (or at least the prominent ones), he just uses his power to cater to his big business buddies.

:werd:

How can the republicans be to blame, when they are almost at a 2/1 ratio to the Democrats? That is a lot of conservative democrats.

dood there always talkin about deficits and shit which is all total bullshit,its just to make people pay more taxes and its not just gonna be arnold running the show,he will just be the guy who does all the speaches,but all the states govenors have a team of guys that think all the shit up..so i think arnold and his crew will atleast try to do a good job..i just think taxes nowdays is bullshit,the government is powerful enough now,they have machines that pump out money,,f^ck it whatever...if you peeps need to find me ill be in my secret bunker

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 8 2003, 08:38 PM
How can the republicans be to blame, when they are almost at a 2/1 ratio to the Democrats? That is a lot of conservative democrats.

Nobody is blaming the republicans for passing the power deregulation, just Pete Wilson for cramming it through. (Bill AB 1890, passed in 1996). The biggest problem is that politicians in general just don't give two shits about the citizenry.

you know its funny that republicans say that when it was their conservative politics that sent california spiraling down into debt (see energy deregulation and its eventual effects on the california power system)

This is the guy who said that republicans are to blame. Also, the fact that America has machines to pump out a shitload of money is the reason cost of living skyrocketed through the roof. In the fifties a family of four could live comfortably if one person was working at a McDonald's. Maybe not comfortably, but have a car, a house, etc. Now if you work at McDonald's, you can't afford to live on your own in a fuckin' apartment. Why? I don't remember what president did it, but when the government went into massive debt, the said "Well, lets print up some money, and we will be okay." What happens, a hamburger meal went from a dollar, to a fuckin' 5 bucks, what the fuck is going on? I know inflattion, and all that, but in 50 years x 3% of $1.00 = $1.50, we should only be paying $2.50 a meal right now, but instead we pay at 6% inflattion. The only reason it is three percent also is because of printed money, it probably should only 1 or 1.5%

dood its all a scam..think about it,money..the government needs money what so different from my $100 bucks to the $100 bucks that comes out of the mint,or a secret press..its all #'s they can create that whole shit up..i dont think anything is gonna change for a long time,but i see whats going on..attention california..its an expensive place but its the best place...ill be back

Back