Attention elitest pigs..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Target : RoboMower – RL850

Hmmmm...

The 1.5' on center base rafters will be retained. This ceiling is out of code, and I don't wanna go 2 on center with a roof that's 5 years old (Taking a simple project and bringing it to about 14k... if I do it!). The basement walls won't be blown out - I'm talking about adding a seperate basement under the addition, a common practice around here for slab homes. Thanks for the garage idea though !

I have no computer room now, and in the future - no plans for one fit into the floorplan. That's an issue. The front bedroom is going to be storage while we work shit out, then it'll be a baby room (Celerity junior?)

Oh I didn't know your house was built on slab. I assumed it was full foundation/crawler.

But I get what you're saying with the center base rafters. It's a bitch. Only reason I add my input is I'm doing a few remodels here and there, and some times the shit people want done is rediculously unsafe/non-structural and I like to build to last a lifetime.

to go with a cathederal retro fit is 2 days work for 2 guys for the structur no more I did a 500sqft retro 2 mnths ago. An enginer can draft up plans, and stamp the builing so the city has NO say.

to go with a cathederal retro fit is 2 days work for 2 guys for the structur no more I did a 500sqft retro 2 mnths ago. An enginer can draft up plans, and stamp the builing so the city has NO say.

In canada maybe.

And you'd what, saw off the bottom of the trusses? "vaulted" ceilings A are pre fabbed trusses, or B stick framed out of 2x12, tops spanning 10 feet to the peak withonly one bairing point. C. your roof will be spongey as hell.

I don't know, but maybe its ethics, but I wouldn't touch it without doing it right. I knwo I wouldn't want my name on some under engineered piece that had a low structure schedule stamped by some shady engineer.

congrats cel

idea for a quick garage
we just put one up this weekend
my friends dad got a 20x20 metal carport for 1000
threw in another 600 for side metal, 300 for a load of item
200 for lumber and he had both a garage door and entrance door sitting around
so for about 2200 and 2 days work he now has a fully enclosed 20x20 garage that can be insulated, electrified with lights and garage door opener, small wood stove and you're all set up with a 2 car garage or one car with lots of work area

you can use a 9x7 garage door, or 2 doors if you have the $$$
we used a 9x8, took out one 18" panel so the door is only 6'6" but it was all we had and it was free

i can get pics if this interests you
slab can be poured on your item base later on when you have the $$$

Thanks for the idea,I've had projects like that too.

This case is a bit special - it has to be a wooden construction with early styled "carriage house" swing-out doors. IT has to be shingled, and the foundation is already present. I don't have space for a 20x20 anything.

But thanks for thinking of me !

Oh I didn't know your house was built on slab. I assumed it was full foundation/crawler.

But I get what you're saying with the center base rafters. It's a bitch. Only reason I add my input is I'm doing a few remodels here and there, and some times the shit people want done is rediculously unsafe/non-structural and I like to build to last a lifetime.

OH, it's not slab. IT's full basement / stone foundation. That stone may be an issue. I'll draft up the design and post it up .. You can let me know what you think.

Yeah, it was listed - I'm moving to Seymour.

Dude, I've recieved death threats on this forum. I ain't posting shit.

It took you months to post up pics of your place, after carefully deciding that nothing gave away it's location. Now, place that sense of privacy with the fact that people want you dead.

I'll post up pics, don't worry.

you don't just bird mouth a 2*10 and nail them up. A 2x8 was bird mouthd and raised to peak 2' lower than the existing top cord, then attached with drop join the new cor to the top cord, then the old nottoms are cut out. An a shade tree engineer ? This home cost 1mill plus, so no corners were cut. Our building standards are 100x better than the shit you have down there.

I dunno about building codes, but no where in Canada are the fire codes stricter than the US.

Dude, I've recieved death threats on this forum. I ain't posting shit.

It took you months to post up pics of your place, after carefully deciding that nothing gave away it's location. Now, place that sense of privacy with the fact that people want you dead.

I'll post up pics, don't worry.

good point
lol

who gave you death threats?

Back