attn: 1g/3g crew

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
my original/made for the EW HKS turbo kit has arrived

0 shaftplay

Theres more parts (wiring, injectors, ect) than in the pictures, but these are the important pieces for a quick teaser

149b155b.jpg

a8afe675.jpg

ca18e7db.jpg

Can't wait to get that car back down here

How interesting... What does the box do ?

Besides "Indicate" and "Adjust". Looks awful big to control vacuum.

Jesus. You must have paid a king's ransom for that.

No, I really didn't

How interesting... What does the box do ?

Besides "Indicate" and "Adjust". Looks awful big to control vacuum.

Semi Digital Electronic Governor Controler....manual boost controller

The turbo is perfect

the piping I'll sand/repaint

the other shit, well....its 20 years old

Redo that shit and thermo coat the manifold and turbine - and it will look sharp. Likely you'll need some couplers too.

so this isn't the mugen kit right? thats a remote-located turbo.

if i was to turbo mine, thats the one i would find.

The Mugen one is basicly extinct....I've never seen one for sale/on a car/anywhere ever except in the old Mugen ads.

This is the HKS kit...Developed/built at the same time as the Mugen one was

This is the 4th HKS kit I've ever seen...1 on Marcus' CRX (the guy who makes the hoods), 1 on another 1st gen guys car, 1 on ebay a few years ago (which went for $1800+ and didn't have the boost gauge or the boost controler), and this one.

The engine is coming out of the CRX when it gets back to be rebuilt and turbo installed
The car will go to the body shop (without the engine) with the hood and EDM headlights to have all blemishs taken car of, rear quarters fixed (they aren't that bad) and it will be resprayed either Greek or Championship White...still have to make that decision
Then when it comes back, the suspension will be done, motor reinstalled and other things buttoned up (wheels/tires, exhaust, tint, alarm, ect)

I'm hopeing have it done by the end of the summer....

hawt.

im still waiting on my overflow bottle. it was shipped friday, it just isnt here yet :cry:

I love rare, old JDM stuff.

Now you need to get some ultra-rare JDM yo wheels, like Works, or Racing Harts.

Badass! An original HKS turbo kit for the 3G. Gotta love it!

Back