1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATTN:all engine builders can you help???

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 96coupeb18, Oct 12, 2003.

1. 96coupeb18

96coupeb18 Senior Member

ok here is the deal, I have finally decided to go ahead and build my b18c bottom and top, top will be, port and polish, new stainless valves, dual springs and titanium retainers, and stock cams. Bottom end I will get Eagle H Beam Rods and Type R Pistons ,and crank polished, balanced and knife edged I am wanting to run 12-15psi daily on a T3/T4 turbo with a hondata s200, should this build up be enough to do so, please advise Any help or suggestions will be great.

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

TypeR pistons are eaxactly what you dont want with boost. Cast and high compression. Not sure if I would go knife edge crank on a boost app either. Titainum retaiors suck when it comes to lifespan. They end up "bending" after 30k miles or so. Go with chromoly.

Also, For boost, you want to spend more attention to the bottom end then the head. Sleaves would be nice.

3. 96coupeb18

96coupeb18 Senior Member

RS Machines can do a Sleeved block for $900 is that a good price then add eagle rods and maybe js/srp 9:1 pistons??? and be safe to run 15 psi ??

4. kyleirwin

kyleirwin Retired OG

much better! that's a fair price, but lately... everybody has been pumping benson's sleeves. so you might want to look into that. might wanna up your comp. a 'lil bit too if you have a decent tuner. tuning for 15psi on just about any t3/t4 should be fine.

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

10:1 is perfect. try to get there, and get it tuned with a hondata.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted