Attn all Nissan/240SX junkies

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the KA isn't soooo bad, but there are much better options out there, I have seen good dynos from turboed KA's.

the S15 motor is a bitch of a swap since not only price, but the speed sensor is in the rear differential I believe, also swapping over AC and PS is somewhat of a pain. Bang for buck you can't really go wrong with a BlackTop S13 motor. RB's have plenty of potential, and are also pricey, way a little more, more fabrication is needed to get them to work, aftermarket parts for them are expensive which is why I don't recommend people to go that route.

My opinion would be if you get an s13 chassis, get a 91-94 and go for the blacktop S13 motor, if you want an s14, or s14.5 then I would go with the S14 blackHumpBack motor.

it all depends on how much you have, what RWHP you want, and what the car is being set up to do.

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Jul 29 2004, 04:01 PM
oviously you haven't done research on the ca18det, there is a kid on the nico forums with a ca18det dyno at 587 whp with stock rods and pistons and puching 22 psi .. i had a 240 with a ca18det... best engine ever lots of compatable usdm parts
[post=369943]Quoted post[/post]​

whats your point? I've seen b16's make those numbers and then some.

the ca18 has an iron block, so its super strong...

but its head flows like shit, its heavy as fuck cuz its iron, and parts stupport is very limited.
everything is sr20 this, sr20 that. you won't find ready availble parts for the ca.

I like the motor.. its cheap, strong, makes good power....

kinda like the k20a.... there's just not much out there for it to hit the potential it can... that, and its been out of production for 12-15 years now

Originally posted by nismogod@Jul 29 2004, 05:18 PM
i'd still go with the damn KA man. Big head work, rods pistons and turbo kit. screw all the swap crap. the head work on that KA will really open up some power. i promise.
[post=369973]Quoted post[/post]​

granted-

but then you're stuck with a heavy motor, shit options for fuel management without going to a full fledged haltech, and well, it still sounds like a freakin truck.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jul 29 2004, 06:05 PM
My opinion would be if you get an s13 chassis, get a 91-94 and go for the blacktop S13 motor, if you want an s14, or s14.5 then I would go with the S14 blackHumpBack motor.
[post=370001]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

nope, no S14s for me. Heavy, Koukis are out of my price range, and the Zenkis have ugly front ends. I can pick up a decent shape '92-'93 Fastback for anywhere between 3 and 4k, and a S13 Blacktop complete swap for 2500 bucks. I'm sure some idiot will buy my civic for 8 or 9k... after all, Keith sold the 240SX today for exactly 13 grand and you guys all said he wouldn't get more than 8 or 9.... :p

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 29 2004, 07:23 AM
Any one know where I can get a RB26DETT swap "on the cheap"? Fuck that... anyone know where I can get one AT ALL??
[post=369806]Quoted post[/post]​

not sure about cheap, but http://www.rcrewracing.com had a rb26dett with rb25det tranny for sale, call them up, they're in SF.

Might come in handy for Keith... he's already got another project up his sleeve.

I've moved on to the SR20DET... already found a place that sells a drop-in package for 2500, and they're close enough that I could drive up and pick it up. Thanks for the link though. :)

Just make sure the motor is complete, as in Engine, transmission, alternator, starter, power steering pump, Crank Angle Sensor, ECU, harness, MAFS, Power Transistor / Ignitor Chip.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 29 2004, 09:29 PM
, and a S13 Blacktop complete swap for 2500 bucks. I
[post=370105]Quoted post[/post]​

sounds stolen. black tops start at 3800 from reputible shops.

Actually it is about right, more on the cheap side.

Usually Red Tops run for 2300-2600 w/out shipping, Flat Black Tops run for 2600-2900 w/out shipping, S14 HumpBlack Tops run in the 3500 range, and the s15's are over 5k usually.

Back