ATTN: Hondata people!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SasSi

I am looking for someone that has a Hondata program for the JDM SiR-II B16A motor. I swapped that into my '99 Civic Si & am looking to get my Hondata running again, but couldn't find any programs for the JDM motor. Is there any other program that is comprable?

If someone has one that they can send me, I'd be sooo grateful! Thanks for any help in advance!

If someone who has the same motor as me had their Hondata tuned, then they will have the program or map or whatever you want to call it. I have a base map for a B16, but the injectors, I believe, are higher pressure than what comes with a regular B16. The program is for 240 and I'm pretty sure the injectors are not 240. Unless perhaps you know what comes with a JDM SiR-II motor, which would help me out a bunch. Basically I'm just trying to save myself some time, since I know that the motor runs better with the ecu that came with the motor than with the base B16 map on the Hondata.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 28 2004, 02:21 PM
there is no such thing as an SiR2 program.

Actually, Hondata does have a SiR-II "program", as I call it. I guess what I should've said, more specifically, was that I was looking for a "ROM file".

Hondata ROMs
These have been modified for Hondata features (datalogging, launch
control, boost etc).

h058 PR3 JDM B16A OBD0 89-91
h058ol PR3 JDM B16A OBD0 89-91 open loop
h058m3 PR3 JDM B16A OBD0 89-91 3 bar sensor
h058m3o PR3 JDM B16A OBD0 89-91 3 bar sensor & open loop
h071 PW0 JDM B16A OBD0 89-91
h071m3 PW0 JDM B16A OBD0 89-91 open loop
h071m3 PW0 JDM B16A OBD0 89-91 3 bar sensor
h071m3ol PW0 JDM B16A OBD0 89-91 3 bar sensor & open loop
h245 P30 JDM DOHC VTEC B16A OBDI
h269 P72 JDM DOHC VTEC B18C OBDI
h273 P72 US DOHC VTEC B18C OBDI
h273e P72 US DOHC VTEC B18C OBDI
h274 P74/P75 US DOHC B18A OBDI
h304 P28 US SOHC VTEC OBDI
h305 P30 US DOHC VTEC B16A OBDI

she didn't... shes just running obd1 ecu on it- which is pretty much mandatory for hondata to work.

lets' see.. i spent about 2 hours of dyno time making a program for my jdm b16 ... you are welcome to have it if you'd like... it was for CTR cams.. just IM me... pmdALLSTARS or email.. pills@hondaswap.com

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 29 2004, 01:27 AM
she didn't... shes just running obd1 ecu on it- which is pretty much mandatory for hondata to work.

No, that's wrong.

I blew my old motor & decided to put a JDM SiR-II B16 into my car. I had Hondata running with my JRSC before I blew my motor. After the motor swap, I didn't put the JRSC back on & I ran the JDM SiR-II motor with the ECU that came with it. The Hondata was still installed, but not running. So I figure that I spent the money for a stage 4B, I might as well run it. Which is why yesterday, I reprogrammed the chip with the ROM for the JDM SiR-II B16 motor & hooked the other ECU that works with the Hondata back up. Now I'm running with the Hondata again!

Originally posted by preluderjs@Feb 28 2004, 08:21 PM
I'm j/w but why'd you drop an SiR2 B16 into your Si?

I alway said I didn't really care if I blew my motor because I'd just get a bigger one! But that was back when I was making mad money. My motor blew at a very inoportune time, where I had no money. I just couldn't put the same motor back in my car- I just couldn't do it! But at the same time, I couldn't afford that B18C like I always wanted. Not to mention my boyfriend, his friend, & I were the ones doing the work & non-stock swaps was new territory! They were already spending every hour off work on my car & I couldn't ask them for any more. So, I went with a JDM motor. Still a B16, but a little more power & more to work with for going turbo, like I had planned.

Ah, it all makes a whole lot more sense now, didnt know you blew your motor. Howd you blow it and what went?

I got caught in a flood & hydro-locked it- sucked up water in the intake. I only saw the outside of the motor & the only thing I knew was something went through the oil pan- it had a hole in it & all the oil leaked out. But I never took the motor apart. I figured it threw a rod.

But the guy who bought it said that the cam shaft broke. In his words: "Broken cam shaft. Looks like the cylinder filled up with water, couldn't compress and snapped the shaft. Only other damage looks like a small scratch on the bottom of the cylinder."

Thank you so much for the offer! I finally found the program I was looking for, but it has a drop off when I shift to second gear. I think it's too lean on fuel in the map. I'll have to log it & take a look, but I haven't had time yet. Plus, I think your program might be too much for my car! I dunno- maybe it's not.

Actually, I'll take you up on it... just to see how it does. Can you please send it to chloe@chloe-mccoy.com.

Also, I checked out your article on erratic idle. I definitely have that problem & it's been worse lately- sometimes idling at 200 RPMs & stalling out & sometimes idling at 1500 RPMs! I'm definitely going to go through your check list & see if I can figure out the problem. I definitely learned a lot through reading it.

Thank so much! :)

Back