ATTN: Members of this Forum!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
This post is concerning the remote linking to pictures from 'risque' websites.

Specifically

Rotten.com
Consumptionjunction.com

etc etc.

Please, PLEASE if you need to post an from one of these sites place a *work warning* on the thread. There are a lot of people that access these forums from work and I know I dont feel like losing my job. If there is one sight you do not want to see is a 403 from your companies server saying I, or you are accessing a restricted website. Regardless of the nature of the picture, I dont care if it is a pic of a tree in teh woods, if it is located on an inappropriate work website, either A) Do not post it, or B ) Put a work warning up.

Thank you and drive thru.

Quit posting whoring, asshats, I know I hate seeing that shit...or cursing in titles. I love being at college and seeing "what the fuck happ. to blah blah" or "fuck this blah blah"

Exactly, I'll be in the information dome where the comps are supposed to be used for research and I'll open a thread and theres "FUCK...." or something in bold at the top of my window. Just keep it simple.

Originally posted by preluderjs@Oct 15 2003, 12:35 AM
Exactly, I'll be in the information dome where the comps are supposed to be used for research and I'll open a thread and theres "FUCK...." or something in bold at the top of my window. Just keep it simple.

I do agree with you, so dont' flame me. but......what are you doing surfing the web when you're using a computer that is only supposed to be used for research? If you're at a school/job where a work warning is needed, then you shouldn't be surfing the net anyway.

Stop whoring the thread, and if you are going to reply keep on topic. :newbie:

{Beavis}Thank you drive through{Beavis}

ya, although i too have been guilty of the FUCK word many a time....

i do agree with sleepergtx. if you are at a computer that is solely supposed to be used for research/work/school purposes...then that computer should be used for that purpose alone.

i will be the first to make a concession. ill stop using FUCK in my titiles of the threads i create from now on. :D

and another thing.

if it bothers the powers that be at hondaswap.com so much ...

im sure they can figure out a way to automatically change the word FUCK in the title of a thread to the word F***. im sure brian can program some program that will not allow the word FUCK to be in the titles of threads.

either way, its not going to stop. im making the concession cuz i kinda agree with afipunks situation. if i was at a public computer and i saw the word FUCK in bold letters, i too would get embarrased. its just not professional.
but the n00bs on here and everyone else that doesnt read this thread will continue to occasionaly make a FUCK thread topic.

on the other hand, if i was using a computer for a purpose other than which it was intended....i should take all liability for content viewed.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 15 2003, 12:58 AM
i could add filters, but frankly, i cant fucking control my fucking tongue

you don't fucking say....

Sorry Tony, wasn't trying to single out out, that's just the last time I saw fuck in a title; about your turbo :)

But yeah...It dosent matter if it's at work or school, just in the general public where others can glance over and see it. IMO cussing should have a work warning, but that dosen't mean HS should have a huge banner saying that all over it.

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Oct 14 2003, 07:49 PM-->
preluderjs
@Oct 15 2003, 12:35 AM

I do agree with you, so dont' flame me. but......what are you doing surfing the web when you're using a computer that is only supposed to be used for research? If you're at a school/job where a work warning is needed, then you shouldn't be surfing the net anyway.

Most people use work/school computers while on a break, which is more than acceptable by any company/school, hwoever with words/pics etc not being publicly acceptible we will continue to have rules.

The school/work is also capable of putting filters in their computers, I think. I could be page based, but I am sure it is possible.

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Oct 14 2003, 07:49 PM-->
preluderjs
@Oct 15 2003, 12:35 AM

Cuz I'm a hondaswap addict :)
... nah, i get bored in between classes and its somethin to do for 30 minutes. Theres about 100 computers in that place so they aren't going to notice me.... unless the word FUCK is in bold on top of the screen. :p

Ha, they would never notice me in the computer lab at school. today when i was on here at school, i looked over, and i swear the guy next to me was looking at a pic of a girl with a big ass dildo in her mouth, and he was laughing with a big ass grin on hiss face. It was some fuckin nerd, looked like he'd never even held hands with a girl. yah, point is , I dont think profanity is wrong in a thread, cuz we're adults, not elementary school kids. It's just not good to be on titles, and yeah i agree with work warnings, pleease put them on there.

if i can find the word fuck in more then 5 magizines in walmart i think its ok to type it on the internet at work or see it

Once in a while, I will do some eBay listings for a friend at his shop. I usually have one of these message boards on my screen in a collapsed window. Risque avatars are not what get noticed. It's all these frigging animations moving around on these pages. Haha. It's the movement that attracts the attention of my friends, not some a stationary jpeg picture file. So enough with the .gif files and the fancy smilies. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back