ATV's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
anyone who rides or used to ride on here?
can you recommend a chain/sprocket combo?

my friend recommened RK and renthal...

I used the Sun gears alot. They worked fine for me. I would keep bumping the front sprocket up until you get much higher top end speed without sacraficing(?) your take off. I was able to go 3 sizes up in the front on my Warrior and still had great take off speed. The top end went from 65 up to 78!!!

Renthal and i hear good things about " DID " chains

Only issue with Renthal is they're Aluminum. That's fine for the front, but the rear can take a beating. I would stick with a steel rear.

haha, last night we were talking about ATVs. but we were talking about when we had sex with sluts that let us go from Ass To Vag. hahah

I had full skid protectors. Sometimes you nail something, snap the bolt that holds the under-chain guard and bend the sprocket.

I've had no problems with steel ones to date.

i've got a 98 300ex
still running the tin guard under the rear sprocket and disc, no problems with that so far and i drive it like a 4WD

whats the diffrence between an o-ring and an x-ring?

D.I.D's X-Ring is about 50% lower friction and delivers 50% to 100% longer wear resistance over the O-Rings. Also, D.I.D X-Rings have 1.8 greater durability than conventional O-Rings.

but what is an x ring?

i am of the understanding that an o ring is simply that, a small o-ring which holds in grease (i think?)

but wtf is an x-ring?

xoring.jpg

so here's the x-ring vs o-ring
woopty doo

eh, first time i ride it through the mud then power wash it i would expect the grease to be gone

thats what chain wax is for right?
lol

also seems to me that it would keep dirt out of the bushings better. Maybe that's just me though.

what'd you read the website? lol

In these chains an X-shaped rubber seal is fitted between the inner and outer links, the extra two points against the links retain internal grease and stop dirt entering. With characteristic lower friction levels and increased running performance over O-ring chains, X-ring chains are recommended for higher powered and touring bikes.

X Ring = 2 Sealing Points to keep dirt out.
O Ring = 1 Sealing Point

I'm rockin DID X Ring Chain on my Blaster with RK Sprockets.

Ebay it, and you can get a DID X Ring Chain & Sprocket Set for like $99.

Back