Audi 2.7 TT Flash Tune Update.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy78

VIP
So i go to XX Tuning today in East Hartford. Very nice place. Very nice people...I had appointment at 9:00....they didn;t touch my car until 11....then the dude goes to lunch at 12, his car breaks down while at lunch which took over an hour...then, this is the best part, my ECU software got corrupted so the car won't start and they have to over night my ECU to VA to get it fixed. Then they tell me i can rent a car to go home for now and pick my car up on Sat. 41.99/d to rent a fucking ford focus which they expect me to pay after fucking ruining my car. I will be demanding they reimburse me for that of course.

So far not happy with this place, though they are really nice people and i realize shit does go wrong, but if you can;t fucking flash an ECU right then there is something wrong, i''m afucking newbie i was using LT1 edit on my Vette when i had it.

I was there for 5 hours

xx sucks. they were good 3 or 4 years ago, but now they got all snobby and think they know wtf they are doing, but don't.

Lesson #1213r2345235r345 on not modyfing late model cars.

The Company was working on it this morning and was overnighting it for tommorow, they are just becnh flashing it so when it gets shipped, they can just install the ECU and be done with it....Better be worth it....Suppose to pick up 62hp and 84lb/tq will put me at 312hp and 342lb/tq

So the ECU came in today, they put it in...the saga continues, they reset that KEY code so teh car won;t start it needs to go to AUDi to be re-programmed. I am ripping pissed at this point. I made them upgrade my focus rental to a Chrysler 300 Hemi. THat car rips fyi, fully loaded. Have to take that to NH with my next week

id also get them to knock some off of what they are charging you to do this ECU flash. thats bullshit that they cant do a simple ECU flash. id be done with them after this fiasco. also, make sure they pay the Audi dealership to fix your car and not you pay for it.

The guys at XX are good guys... Chris is an AMAZING tuner... It just so happens you have had a bad experience... It happens... A buddy was tuning an 04 STi a few weeks ago, and on the 6th reflash, POOF... Ecu died... Shit happens.

What did they use? APR? I could have gotten you a deal on a Revo from another local shop that I also deal with (I deal with XX as well).

The guys at XX are good guys... Chris is an AMAZING tuner... It just so happens you have had a bad experience... It happens... A buddy was tuning an 04 STi a few weeks ago, and on the 6th reflash, POOF... Ecu died... Shit happens.

What did they use? APR? I could have gotten you a deal on a Revo from another local shop that I also deal with (I deal with XX as well).

THey used Auto Authority tune? I wanted GIAC or APR but they said this one just as good

If I can't modify it myself, it will not be modified. Saves me from these type of situations.

Soooo....still no car yet.................................................they have shipped my ECU to everyone but santa clause to get it fixed. All my Code lights will not go away and the car runs like shit they said. I'm at a loss for words. They are trying one more thing on monday and i told them if they don't fix it they will be buying me a new ECU which costs $3500 + overnight shipping costs + paying the audi dealership to install + keep paying for my Chrylser 300 C Hemi rental.....This $750 flash is going to end up costing them atleast $5000, or $5750 cause i will be getting a refund...I obviously don't wish that to happen but wtf they fucked up my car big time....

Yeah.

These are the kind of horror stories I've heard before, along with the usual you know blowing up engines bit.

lol @ german cars.

Your "reflash" costs about as much as my daily driver. Sorry to hear bro, but Japan>Germany

lol @ german cars.

Your "reflash" costs about as much as my daily driver. Sorry to hear bro, but Japan>Germany

I don't know how you could possibly make this a Japan versus Germany issue when an aftermarket tuner fries an ECU.

Expect to pay out of the ass, for any car, buying an ECU from the manufacturer. They don't replace ECU's that often, so they don't make a ton. There's not an abundance of used ECU's out there, so they can command that sort of price.

Key is that a normal person should never have to buy an ECU for the car for the duration of its life time.

Essentially the tuning shop fucked up and killed the ECU. His german car was going to pick up about half the power/torque of a honda for under $1000. Thats pretty damn good if you ask me.

I guess what happened, and this is what they said, is that when they went to flash it the car for some reason was only at 12.3 volts and it was suppose to be at 13 volts and they think that is what caused the whole problem...i'm not a techy so i am not sure how this can cause a problem but it sucks nevertheless..

I don't know how you could possibly make this a Japan versus Germany issue when an aftermarket tuner fries an ECU.

Expect to pay out of the ass, for any car, buying an ECU from the manufacturer. They don't replace ECU's that often, so they don't make a ton. There's not an abundance of used ECU's out there, so they can command that sort of price.

Key is that a normal person should never have to buy an ECU for the car for the duration of its life time.

Essentially the tuning shop fucked up and killed the ECU. His german car was going to pick up about half the power/torque of a honda for under $1000. Thats pretty damn good if you ask me.
Just stirring the pot :) I know several people who own Audis and the amount they spend on just maintenance is ridiculous.
My friend just had a clutch put in his A4 for almost 2 grand
I can do the same thing to my honda for 150 bucks.
When a car keeps you in the poor house just in maintenance, why would you modify it?

Back