Audi 2.7 TT Flash Tune Update.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I guess what happened, and this is what they said, is that when they went to flash it the car for some reason was only at 12.3 volts and it was suppose to be at 13 volts and they think that is what caused the whole problem...i'm not a techy so i am not sure how this can cause a problem but it sucks nevertheless..

They should probably pull their heads out of their asses. This is basic, basic stuff.

They should have checked the battery before they flashed, or hooked the car up to a battery and done a trickle charge.

Myself being an amateur and an idiot, temporary killed my Subaru ECU when flashing with the Cobb AccessPORT because of low voltage due to a weak battery. I should have known better, because the Subaru battery was known to be weak but I just wanted the flash done so I started it and halfway through got low voltage and had to send my ECU to Cobb out in Salt Lake City to fix it.

The low voltage warning is even in the FAQ and warnings.

XX Tuning should know better.

Just stirring the pot :) I know several people who own Audis and the amount they spend on just maintenance is ridiculous.
My friend just had a clutch put in his A4 for almost 2 grand
I can do the same thing to my honda for 150 bucks.
When a car keeps you in the poor house just in maintenance, why would you modify it?

...because it doesn't keep him in the poor house?

As of right now his maintenance bill has been $0 thus far. Far from keeping him in the poor house.

And you can't do a clutch for $150 in a Honda, at a dealer. If you were comparing apples to apples, you are probably looking at $1200 for a clutch in a Honda at most shops.

If you were going to go the same route as you and do the labor yourself, you can pick up a brand new replacement clutch in the A4 for around $300. A quick google search showed $340 for a new clutch kit. Not too far off your price and this is for a car that has status and luxury attached to it - some people want that. After growing up a little bit, the WRX is a little too boy racerish for me and I'm ready to move onto something thats more luxurious for daily driving duties.

Last edited:
this costing me 0 dollars, only fustration. Well not true i mean the flash itself cost $750, but for 62hp and 82lbs of torque..dyno proven...its worth it to me...if this was a reguar ECU problem, i have a 5 year warranty on all high tech+ bumper to bumper that covers every part of my car except wear and tear items. I also have a family member in the mechanics business who can do maintanance stuff like clutches ect..and lastly money is not really an issue, i'm not loaded but at 65k/year, its not gonna put me in the poor house to get a clutch put in or have to get some sensor replaced.

Worst comes to worse i have a stock Audi a6 twin turbo and i lost 1.5 weeks of driving it and learned not to use this place gain accept to light a shit bag on fire and ring the door bell and hide, watching as they stomp it out.

This will not discourage me to find another place who can do this with hopes it does not happen again.

AS far as the Japan VS German car comment<shrug> i have had 3 Toyota's. Great cars. I had the Mercedes before previously and now the Audi. So far teh a6 is the best car i have ever driven, mine or not and i have driven quite a few cars from high end BMW's to high end mercedes and the a6 just outdrives them all, IMO....

I'll most likely never go back to another car but an Audi, unless of course my Fiance lets me buy a Z06 once this car is paid off :)

Worst comes to worse i have a stock Audi a6 twin turbo and i lost 1.5 weeks of driving it and learned not to use this place gain accept to light a shit bag on fire and ring the door bell and hide, watching as they stomp it out.
:lmao:
AS far as the Japan VS German car comment<shrug> i have had 3 Toyota's. Great cars. I had the Mercedes before previously and now the Audi. So far teh a6 is the best car i have ever driven, mine or not and i have driven quite a few cars from high end BMW's to high end mercedes and the a6 just outdrives them all, IMO....

You realize that Mercedes are german as well? And comparing an Audi to a toyota is as dumb as me trying to compare Audi to Honda :)

:lmao:

You realize that Mercedes are german as well? And comparing an Audi to a toyota is as dumb as me trying to compare Audi to Honda :)

uhmm yeah dude, Someone else made a comment about Jap>German not me i was just responding. Of course i know Mercedes is German, thats why i was saying i have owned both german and jap cars...more impressed with German i guess was the bottom line

Okay... A few things...

#1. 12.3 volts SHOULD be enough for a flash... Subaru ECU's don't like anything below 12.0... Whenever I do a flash, i always make sure it is at least 12.0, or I hook up a charger to it...

#2. SHIT HAPPENS... It could have happened to anybody. I have flashed/tuned 20+ cars now... each one getting anywhere from 3-30 reflashes... And EVERYTIME i flash I hold my breath and hope all goes well...

#3. Just stay calm and be reasonable. It is understanding that you are frustrated through the whole thing... But remaining calm and not throwing temper tantrums will get you much farther.

#4. If you end up back at stock without a flash after all of this, let me know. I can get you a revo reflash here in CT for a good deal. The revo will bump you from 250-315hp, and 258-365 tq.

Although I have faith in XX that they will make everything right for you.

Okay... A few things...

#1. 12.3 volts SHOULD be enough for a flash... Subaru ECU's don't like anything below 12.0... Whenever I do a flash, i always make sure it is at least 12.0, or I hook up a charger to it...

#2. SHIT HAPPENS... It could have happened to anybody. I have flashed/tuned 20+ cars now... each one getting anywhere from 3-30 reflashes... And EVERYTIME i flash I hold my breath and hope all goes well...

#3. Just stay calm and be reasonable. It is understanding that you are frustrated through the whole thing... But remaining calm and not throwing temper tantrums will get you much farther.

#4. If you end up back at stock without a flash after all of this, let me know. I can get you a revo reflash here in CT for a good deal. The revo will bump you from 250-315hp, and 258-365 tq.

Although I have faith in XX that they will make everything right for you.

No tantrums yet......i'll let yo u know what happens tommorow. If i need a new ECu, i prolly won;t see my car until Friday

XX is far from amateurs... What grounds do you base that on B? Do you have any first hand experience with them? And what shops do you recommend in the area? I deal with XX & Swift.

XX is far from amateurs... What grounds do you base that on B? Do you have any first hand experience with them? And what shops do you recommend in the area? I deal with XX & Swift.

Si, you may be on the XX Tuning leg humping bandwagon but I can tell you there are many, many negative stories about XX Tuning.

When Junior left, so did a whole slew of customers.

i went there once way back when i had the del sol.... and i was just totally turned off by them. i left without buying anything. everyone in the shop was just clowning around when there was obviously work to be done.

and i mean for real, not hooking up a battery charger on an ecu relfash is so amateur that even I wouldn't do it.

Okay... A few things...

What the hell cars are you flashing? Most ECUs go for far more than 30reflashes before the internal memory is used up and they die. Some die early, some die late, but most that are tested can over 30.

Also if they're professionals, they shouldn't take a stupid risk like not checking the voltage or just going ahead and hooking it up to a battery charger to insure that such a problem does not occur. If an ECU dies, its one thing - if it does from low voltage you're an idiot - just like I was when I flashed for the first time.

okay... you sir.. are a tool... Volatile memory does not get USED UP every flash... its Flash RAM... it gets erased everytime you reflash... You must be one of those "OMG I CAN ONLY DO 40 FLASHES BEFORE MY ECU WILL FRY!!".. The reason I say I hold my breath is because you NEVER KNOW if the ECU is going to die or not... Its ALWAYS a gamble. Regardless of battery voltage.

And currently i am tuning subarus.. Bugeyes, STi's, swapped GC's, LGT's, hell, even OBS's with Swaps... And have experience tuning hondas with Hondata, Crome, Uberdata, as well as some experience with AEM EMS, eManage (And Ultimate), as well as some others...

Do I always hook up a battery charger? No. Do I always check the voltage? Most of the time. Every now and then I forget... It happens... ECUFlash usually tells you what programming voltage is before you start though...

Do I think I'm the best tuner out there? Not even close. I strive to be as good as Chris @ XX one day... He is a tuning genius.

Do I think I'm a decent tuner? Sure. Did a Stg2 tune on an STi this weekend... Made 290whp/325wtq at 18.5psi... With a smooth powerband... Not a ChartPopper. And that was on a Heartbreaker (Dyno Dynamics) dyno too..

Also, I am not on the XX Bandwagon... I know them, but i actually deal LESS with XX than i do with Swift.. Swift is the shop I primarily go to. I just don't like people that talk trash on shops with little knowledge about the shop or what goes into it... And B... ALOT has changed at XX over the past few years... I know some people have had bad experiences with them... But name ANY shop that has satisfied EVERY customer they have.

If you want to see my tuning abilities... I'm hoping to strap my STi down this week, and i'm going to see what I can pull out of the VF39 on stock injectors... I'm shooting for 310-320whp/340-350wtq... Then when I get my 750s in a few weeks, i'll bump it to 24psi and max out the 39's efficiency and see if i can tag 370wtq. I'll post my dyno charts when I get the chance to strap it down.

What the hell cars are you flashing? Most ECUs go for far more than 30reflashes before the internal memory is used up and they die. Some die early, some die late, but most that are tested can over 30.

Also if they're professionals, they shouldn't take a stupid risk like not checking the voltage or just going ahead and hooking it up to a battery charger to insure that such a problem does not occur. If an ECU dies, its one thing - if it does from low voltage you're an idiot - just like I was when I flashed for the first time.

I think he was saying its an example of one getting UP To 30 flashes at an interval. You're reading it as thats the ECU maximum.

"okay... you sir.. are a tool... Volatile memory does not get USED UP every flash... its Flash RAM... it gets erased everytime you reflash... You must be one of those "OMG I CAN ONLY DO 40 FLASHES BEFORE MY ECU WILL FRY!!""

Yeah, I must be a tool.

I'll have to see what page in the manual I need to flip to from the AccessPORT that says that each ECU only has a limited number of flashes.

Is flash ram internal or do you find it out on the street?

Yeah, thats what I fucking said. Internal memory, I didn't specify whether it was flash memory or not.

And no, I don't want to see your tuning abilities because 1) You posted back to me like a fucking cock sucker and 2) You acted like a fucking cock sucker regurgitating the information I had said in a different manner. Its general knowledge and in the AccessPORT manual. I must be such a tool.

I have AP experience as well... Its not a bad unit... But there is much better out there.

And FYI... The ONLY memory in the ECU that gets reflashed is the Internal FLASH RAM... The rest of the base ECU translations are stored in ROM.

Now I know why Cel says to just skip over all of your posts as if they aren't even there....

I have AP experience as well... Its not a bad unit... But there is much better out there.

And FYI... The ONLY memory in the ECU that gets reflashed is the Internal FLASH RAM... The rest of the base ECU translations are stored in ROM.

Now I know why Cel says to just skip over all of your posts as if they aren't even there....

Yes because I was immature for calling it as I saw it. You acted like a cornhole for no reason.

You reiterated what I said in different terms and then cooled me a tool for knowing it.

Then you tried to woah me with your tuning abilities, as if that was a replacement and an excuse for being an asshole.

kthxbye...

back to the OP.. Let me know how things work out and if you need anything.

Back