Audio issue, help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Ok, so I was trying to take advantage of actually having outputs for 5.1 and configuring speakers via the rear of my comp.

I had everything plugged in and realized nothing was coming out of the left side, so I removed one of the plugs in the back and plugged it into another output. Well, everything stopped. I restarted the comnp, and got only half the intro music when you log on. So I checked everything to make sure it was hooked up, nothing. Moved onto checking hardware settings, everything fine. Reinstalled driver, got the whole into jingle, but nothing else.

So, I don't have speakers in my monitor, so teh Windows jingle came from the speakers, why won't it play music from my iTunes?

umm.. have no idea what you just said.. Anyway, if you want 5.1 surround sound, the source that is playing must be 5.1. Never heard of songs in 5.1, so most of the time its a movie. also, the player you are using must support surround sound like powerdvd. check ur settings in windows. make sure you have ur speaker settings to 5.1 speakers.

What I said is, I have no sound. Not none at all, the windows intro works, but nothing else. eveything is set baack to how it was earlier.

Have you never listened to music on a system that has more than two speakers?

i meant true 5.1 surround sound. most songs are stereo and they just split the signals. i have a set of logitech speakers and they play out of all channels except the center because its dedicated for speech in 5.1 movies. you can make them play in all speakers using matrix mode or cmss, but usually it sounds crappy.

anyway, youre no using a sound card right? maybe check our connections again and try seeing if ur motherboard has an update.

Well, after everything else, I used System Restore, and now it is fine. I wish I know what happened so if it happens again later on I can deal with it without having to restore.

Back