Audio makes car slower??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDMilan

yes it does, take those subs/amps/tweeters/tv's/dvd players/ out. Less weight more fun.

first topic here,,,,,yeayaya

Milan

:werd: I say take like all 2-3-4 pairs of speakers and get rid of em and just get a light weight good sounding set of 6x9's.

seriously people... would you really notice the 60 lounds a FULL system (amp, subs, deck, etc.) weighs, and would you trade a GREAT set of tunes for less than the weight of a tank of gas?

you obviously dont realize how much shit weighs

a single 10" truck box, weighs a good 10 lbs, each. Amps can weigh from 10 lbs to 20+ lbs, depending what you have. Speakers, depending the ones you get, can weigh from 10 lbs to 110 lbs of the new Kicker LX 18" solo baric.

A simple stereo system, using good stuff, with 2 12's, can weigh around 100 lbs. What does a tank of gas weigh in a honda?

If you have done fiberglass work, well there is even more shit. If you also have built he box yourself or a custom built box out of 3/4" mdf, well.. that is heavier then the "premade" boxes that 99% of the shops sell.

JDMH22Integra Posted on Jul 1 2003, 05:39 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
seriously people... would you really notice the 60 lounds a FULL system (amp, subs, deck, etc.) weighs, and would you trade a GREAT set of tunes for less than the weight of a tank of gas?

:wtf:

Would it be a FULL system if I mounted a Bose WaveRadio on my rear deck? :D

Stereo systems do weigh you down, my boy had 2 jl twelves and 2amps and a nice good size box all that crap weigh a lil over 100lbs that is alot when you think about it. Thats why im going for a good 10 or 12 just one but nasty and a good amp and calling it a day that shouldnt be no more than 50lbs. That will be more than enough I want to race not have a sound off. :lol:

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Jul 1 2003, 07:50 PM
hey not eveyone wants to drive around and pick up their girlfriend in a fucking tin can with an engine.

:werd:

You can have your tin can with a motor and i'll spank your ass with a trunk full of stereo equipment.

What about the power that a sub/speakers draw from the car? I dont know if I read something wrong, but can that lead to a horsepower loss if you have a sub blasting?

Originally posted by venom22@Jul 1 2003, 07:13 PM
Stereo systems do weigh you down, my boy had 2 jl twelves and 2amps and a nice good size box all that crap weigh a lil over 100lbs that is alot when you think about it. Thats why im going for a good 10 or 12 just one but nasty and a good amp and calling it a day that shouldnt be no more than 50lbs. That will be more than enough I want to race not have a sound off. :lol:

so figure that makes you about .001 seconds faster. if its a daily driver you're a fucking fool for taking the system out thinking you're going to be speed racer without it

If you have a big stereo setup like a high out put amp or something then yeah it does take away the horses just like the air cond in your car when you cut it on you feel a hp difference thats cause it needs the juice to run it. As far as my car goes I would never gut it like a tin can like some do. I would rather have a nice system not to big a bdy kit not to showy and a nasty engine. I mean nothin is wrong with that. Your fast yet still look good doin it you know. B) B) B) B)

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Jul 1 2003, 07:50 PM
hey not eveyone wants to drive around and pick up their girlfriend in a fucking tin can with an engine.

i can't afford a g/f w/ all of the $$$ i'm trying to save to waste on my tin can

so figure that makes you about .001 seconds faster. if its a daily driver you're a fucking fool for taking the system out thinking you're going to be speed racer without it

It is alot more then that. It is closer to .1+ seconds which is a big diffrence in drag racing.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 1 2003, 07:38 PM

It is alot more then that. It is closer to .1+ seconds which is a big diffrence in drag racing.

More then that probably. I am guessing every 100 lbs saved, easily .1 or .2 in the 1/4.

yea ok. So instead of like the other night, when I had a girl tell me I was "getting her off" with the bass in my car, I can tell her "hey, I shaved .1 seconds off my 1/4 mile time by having no stereo!!". I'm SURE it will have the same effect :rolleyes:

there is a simple answer. you can have all the stereo equip. and it will slow you down. but it's not impossible to take it out. if your just puttin' around town and some dumbass tries to race and your not sure if you can win, DON'T RACE. if you go out looking for a race take your sh*t out.

as for drawing power away from your car, it's not that hard to sht it off or turn it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back