Aug 1st....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read the whole thread. At first I was like I'm going. I'm free that day and I've wanted to go for years. Then the date got changed to the 22nd and my heart dropped, haha. I'll be in NC and it's my best friend's birthday anyway.

And I got the best idea for what I could have made too....

wat? No, that's a pretty easy drive. lol.

Nah i mean how long it took you. Leaving at 8pm and gettin there at 12.30. Granted im sure you stopped to sleep? but still.

If i were to try and drive my car. I would need an oil cooler bad lol. Stop and go traffic starts to get my motor pretty hot.

Hmm. Wonder if i can get my brother to tag alone with the s2K.

Last edited:
No. He arrived at 12:30pm. It took 4.5 hours for the entire trip. He stopped because he was there. Four and a halfs not too bad. But I avoid the 5.5-6 hour trip to home when ever I can. An hour and 45 minute flight is just soooo much better.

I'd still like to go. We fly in the twilight hours so I think I'd arrive at BDL in the early morning hours. I could hang around if no one would wanna come out there too early.

I drive to MD from CT regularly. Just take I95 all the way here. Hell, I drive to Richmond, VA straight on several times. 4.5 hours is not a long drive at all.

I drive to MD from CT regularly. Just take I95 all the way here. Hell, I drive to Richmond, VA straight on several times. 4.5 hours is not a long drive at all.
Yea, I only stop once to Columbus and thats only for gas. If my tank had one more gallon in it I wouldnt have to stop at all. ^_^

^ 18.5 gallon tank FTMFW! HAHA! Richmond to Stamford, CT last 2 times without the gas light going on. Granted, I did stop those 2 times for food.

That's just like when I went to Charleston last month... Got almost where I needed to go.. and had to get gas in the ghetto... Those of you who have been there... You should know the area around the north end of Dorchester Rd. is SUPER ghetto... and I wouldn't recommend stopping your car around there, not even at a red light. It's that bad.

If I didnt drive 85MPH+ I could do it too. But I'd rather stop once and still beat my GPS's original ETA time.

I'd have to stop a couple times. Just cuz id either find a ricer on the highway to mess with, or because my car doesnt like to get below have tank.. or she gets angry and sputters.

Hmm. Well hope a set date gets decided soon, so i can plan around going this year.

I hop in the car, then the next time I get out is when I'm there. Fuck stopping.

Eat before you leave, piss before you leave, and make sure the tank is full.

:withstupid:

if the trip requires refueling i take care of anything i need to while im at the gas stop (piss break, get more food and beverages, stretch out, etc) then im back in the car... otherwise im driving straight through.... did CT - Chicago with no extra stops... there definitely isnt a need for extra stops coming from MD

if the trip requires refueling i take care of anything i need to while im at the gas stop (piss break, get more food and beverages, stretch out, etc) then im back in the car... otherwise im driving straight through.... did CT - Chicago with no extra stops... there definitely isnt a need for extra stops coming from MD

If I use a full tank of gas, the car probably needs a break, which means I need one too. If I can't make the trip in less than 8 hours, generally 6 hours into the drive is the point where I take a break. In europe commercial drivers are required to take breaks at 6 hours into the drive for 30 minutes, and at 10 hours, they're required to get 4 hours of sleep.

Gas stops in a honda are always at the right time to take a pee/stretch/eat/drink break. :D

MD to CT is less than 6 hours, so it's ok to do without a break. Then again, I'm used to driving long-distance, and for someone who doesn't do trips regularly, it could be tough.

Well id prolly leave sooner so i can enjoy the scenery and if need be mess around on the highway.

But if i dont refuel at about half tank.. the car sputters and ive had it die on me while driving at 1/4 tank.

Im sure by then i'll have it fixed.

Plus i can throw a cooler in the back of my car for food and drinks. So no needs to stop for anything but gas and a piss break. CRX trunk space FTMFW

Last edited:
i take care of anything i need to while im at the gas stop (piss break, get more food and beverages, stretch out, etc) then im back in the car... otherwise im driving straight through.... did CT - Chicago with no extra stops...
That's how I do long drives. I grab some bagels or something and plenty of drinks at the ics station by my place prior to departure and don't stop til I have to. How longs the drive from CT to Chicago?
My GPS says 14hrs to Meriden. F that!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back