aut0 to manaul

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zc_hatch

what all do i need, so far i have the pedal assembly, linkage, tranny, ecu, clutch, flywheel, shifter, boot, console, will i have to change the wiring harness? also are there any other problems with doing this?
also its for a 91 crx

wire the nuetral safety switch starter thing... I am planning on doing this too so whatever turns up share the info with me...

it's not that hard just take your time and get all the info before you start. i don't know about your car but my starter was differant and wouldn't bolt up to the manual tranny, just check first. you don't have to swap out the harness but i did.

is there a link or any sites about this swap. i know of places doing it, but i dont buy cars for other people to work on, its my hobby, or if you know how and what to do to the switch let me know
joe

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4@Oct 29 2003, 07:08 AM
wire the nuetral safety switch starter thing... I am planning on doing this too so whatever turns up share the info with me...

I think he is just talking about the plastic slider under the shifter tat let's the car know what gear your in.....i just put it into the park position 9make sure you can get the key out first) then globbed it up with some JB weld, works great so far. i guess you can get your helms manual out and see what wires are for what and connect them all together. while your at it don't forget to wire up your reverse lights ;)

okay i making a parts list of all i need, some of the stuff i have, but can you guys check and help me make sure i get everything, that way i am not waiting on parts forever.
tranny
clutch
flywheel
axles
shift linkage
shifter
ecu
pedal assembly
clutch cable
guage cluster-that way it dont have the gear selection on it.
those are all the parts i can think of, i may just but a another engine with a 5 speed bolted to it and do a dpfi swap to mpfi, i know how to do that from my engine swapping days. if i use an si engine and tranny in my auto dx, will i have to change hubs or just axles. let me know if i forgot anything or have something i dont need
joe

I converted my 93 DX auto to 5spd last month. Not sure on the wiring for a 91, but here is what I did:

- Removed the auto shifter, etc
- Spliced the blk/red stripe wire to the blk/white stripe wire (they are the two biggest wires at the shifter.
- Disconnected the wires at the solenoid in the steering column, located at bottom side of column near keyswitch (the solenoid prevents you from removing the key if its not in park)
- Removed the keyswitch interlock (mine was a blue box located on floor near left foot and it said interlock on it)

By doing this, the clutch does not have to be depressed to start car. I never checked about backup lights either...but hey...who needs them anyway, lol

I bought a wire hareness from locashracing.com for like $75. It had all the extra wiring since my car was not a VTEC (VTEC solenoid, knock sensor, etc) it also had a diagram of where to put the wires on the ecu harness. I'm at work right now, I still have the pinout sheet at home. I'll post later. You probably could get the stuff you need at Radio Shack for a lot cheaper than I paid...

Lance

okay, when i change the tranny, i also am going to put another dx engine in it, but swap a 96 ex v-tec head on it. what computer do i need, and also what wiring harness do i use or can i use the same one after its been converted to mpfi
joe

if your gonna swap out the engine with a vtec engine then i would use the ecu that has vtec and you should probably use the wireing harness for that engine as well so you don't have to wire anything else.

welp i bought a whole parts car to swapeverything, its another dx, but i am getting a 95 ex head and ecu, what else do i need to swap the head, i was planning on using the 95 intake manifold, will it work, i want the least amount of work, could i use an intake mani from a 88/91 si?
joe

Originally posted by zc_hatch@Nov 21 2003, 03:46 PM
welp i bought a whole parts car to swapeverything, its another dx, but i am getting a 95 ex head and ecu, what else do i need to swap the head, i was planning on using the 95 intake manifold, will it work, i want the least amount of work, could i use an intake mani from a 88/91 si?
joe

yeah the pm6 mani will bolt up to the d16z6 head. i just wonder what harness you are gonna use to kick on vtec and what ecu. if your car is obd0 then i would stick with that. maybe do the pm6 ecu and use an apexi vafc for the vtec. thats kinda what i did for my ls/vtec in a sense.

Back