1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aut0 to manaul

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by zc_hatch, Oct 29, 2003.

1. zc_hatch

zc_hatch Senior Member

what all do i need, so far i have the pedal assembly, linkage, tranny, ecu, clutch, flywheel, shifter, boot, console, will i have to change the wiring harness? also are there any other problems with doing this?
    also its for a 91 crx

2. ef9civicgen4

ef9civicgen4 Senior Member

wire the nuetral safety switch starter thing... I am planning on doing this too so whatever turns up share the info with me...

3. jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23 Senior Member

it's not that hard just take your time and get all the info before you start. i don't know about your car but my starter was differant and wouldn't bolt up to the manual tranny, just check first. you don't have to swap out the harness but i did.

4. zc_hatch

zc_hatch Senior Member

is there a link or any sites about this swap. i know of places doing it, but i dont buy cars for other people to work on, its my hobby, or if you know how and what to do to the switch let me know
    joe

5. jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23 Senior Member

I think he is just talking about the plastic slider under the shifter tat let's the car know what gear your in.....i just put it into the park position 9make sure you can get the key out first) then globbed it up with some JB weld, works great so far. i guess you can get your helms manual out and see what wires are for what and connect them all together. while your at it don't forget to wire up your reverse lights ;)

6. zc_hatch

zc_hatch Senior Member

okay i making a parts list of all i need, some of the stuff i have, but can you guys check and help me make sure i get everything, that way i am not waiting on parts forever.
    tranny
    clutch
    flywheel
    axles
    shift linkage
    shifter
    ecu
    pedal assembly
    clutch cable
    guage cluster-that way it dont have the gear selection on it.
    those are all the parts i can think of, i may just but a another engine with a 5 speed bolted to it and do a dpfi swap to mpfi, i know how to do that from my engine swapping days. if i use an si engine and tranny in my auto dx, will i have to change hubs or just axles. let me know if i forgot anything or have something i dont need
    joe

7. Fastciv1

Fastciv1 Junior Member

I converted my 93 DX auto to 5spd last month. Not sure on the wiring for a 91, but here is what I did:

- Removed the auto shifter, etc
    - Spliced the blk/red stripe wire to the blk/white stripe wire (they are the two biggest wires at the shifter.
    - Disconnected the wires at the solenoid in the steering column, located at bottom side of column near keyswitch (the solenoid prevents you from removing the key if its not in park)
    - Removed the keyswitch interlock (mine was a blue box located on floor near left foot and it said interlock on it)

By doing this, the clutch does not have to be depressed to start car. I never checked about backup lights either...but hey...who needs them anyway, lol

8. zc_hatch

zc_hatch Senior Member

I dont have to change any pins on the ecu plugs?

9. Fastciv1

Fastciv1 Junior Member

I bought a wire hareness from locashracing.com for like $75. It had all the extra wiring since my car was not a VTEC (VTEC solenoid, knock sensor, etc) it also had a diagram of where to put the wires on the ecu harness. I'm at work right now, I still have the pinout sheet at home. I'll post later. You probably could get the stuff you need at Radio Shack for a lot cheaper than I paid...

Lance

10. zc_hatch

zc_hatch Senior Member

okay, when i change the tranny, i also am going to put another dx engine in it, but swap a 96 ex v-tec head on it. what computer do i need, and also what wiring harness do i use or can i use the same one after its been converted to mpfi
    joe

11. jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23 Senior Member

if your gonna swap out the engine with a vtec engine then i would use the ecu that has vtec and you should probably use the wireing harness for that engine as well so you don't have to wire anything else.

12. zc_hatch

zc_hatch Senior Member

welp i bought a whole parts car to swapeverything, its another dx, but i am getting a 95 ex head and ecu, what else do i need to swap the head, i was planning on using the 95 intake manifold, will it work, i want the least amount of work, could i use an intake mani from a 88/91 si?
    joe

13. DA69

DA69 Senior Member

yeah the pm6 mani will bolt up to the d16z6 head. i just wonder what harness you are gonna use to kick on vtec and what ecu. if your car is obd0 then i would stick with that. maybe do the pm6 ecu and use an apexi vafc for the vtec. thats kinda what i did for my ls/vtec in a sense.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted