Auto B swap into EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko

I tried asking this once before and ended up having a bunch of guys ready to rip each apart.

PLEASE, I AM JUST ASKING FOR INFO AND I AM NOT ASKING TO SEE GUYS TRY TO KILL EACH OTHER. :beat: JUST INFO PLEASE, IF YOU CAN HELP, GREAT. HENCE THE REASON THAT I AM ON A GREAT TECH INFO SITE! I AM NOT HERE TO START AN ARGUMENT.

1) The reason for this swap is to be different. How many people do you know that have done a manual swap.........hmmmmm......several. How many auto.......

2) The car has had its share of coin put into it. Odd retro paint jod and a jean interior and Molson Canadian Bubba Can Base Tubes.

3) I would like to keep my car as unique as possible. Right now, if you were to see the car, would have to a second look as to the changes that have been made.

4) I thought customizing your car was a way of showing individuality.

5) It does not matter about bracket racing nor trying to get an amazing 1/4 mile ET. If manted to do that I could go with a torque converter kit for Level 10, ZEX or even TCI.

6) A B-series motor built heavily for a manual transmission can also be used on an automatic tranny as well. The specs on the MOTOR are still the same, just on a different tranny. By the way I have built a few B motors already and I am currently working on a B20 Vtec (CRV Frankie).

:wall: Peace

this is just going to turn into shit.

1) doing ANYTHING just to be different makes that person even more of a poser.

2) looks are for ricers. we are a tech site

3) looks are for ricers. we are a tech site

4) if you need to show individuality through a car, you should seek professional help.

5) honda auto tranny's suck. there is no ifs, ands or buts about it. you will be slower, and they won't hold the power. they are expensive to fix when they break, which happens often, and everyone will laugh at you when you leave a parking lot and hears its an auto, unless of course, they too are ricers.

6) that's great- but the auto tranny isn't going to take that power. its going to blow up, repeatedly, until you swap to a manual.

dude, i don't want to start anything, its just this is a tech site and i know people have done this swap. i was just asking for the info on it. i have an other car in the works, and yes its manual. also my car is far from rice, i can't stand that and there is more then enough rice driving around up here.

sorry, cool

Well lets break it down.

What B series are we talking about here? Not that it would really matter given it would be on a slush box tranny anyway...

As Sol said, Honda Auto's blow. Actually I will be as bold to say all auto trannies that are not built to such a degree that it's bulletproof blow. This is coming from experience. I had a 1987 Integra auto and the converter cracked and blew up totalling the tranny. Also I had a 1996 honda civic auto and trying to get from 1st to 2nd gear was sooo rough that if felt like a bucking bronco rather than a car.

To summarize, Auto trannies are horrible to drive fast or for that matter downright boring to drive also. A manual is MUCH cheaper to fix and also there are MANY more options with clutch setups on a manual.

Myself and many others on this website will all agree that function over form is key to all tuning. We are not ripping on you just nudging you toward the right way to do stuff. Of course you can do the swap and blow your auto tranny. Then you will see that manual's are the way to go...and come on....They are soooo much funner. :lol:

No doubt there are way more options with a manual tranny, but I stil want to give it a shot. No big loss if it doesn't fly other then a screwed auto tranny. I'll just swap the motor to my other car.

Originally posted by Niko@Sep 12 2003, 02:32 PM
also my car is far from rice, i can't stand that and there is more then enough rice driving around up here.

You state the above, but then you state this?

2) The car has had its share of coin put into it. Odd retro paint jod and a jean interior and Molson Canadian Bubba Can Base Tubes.

Sounds Like rice to me.

go out and buy a b series long block then go to a junk yard and buy an integra 94-01 itegra LS auto tranny, and torque converter and slap it on your b series long block and drop it in your car... you will also need the intermediate shaft from that auto teg LS...

5) It does not matter about bracket racing nor trying to get an amazing 1/4 mile ET. If manted to do that I could go with a torque converter kit for Level 10, ZEX or even TCI.

wtf is that about? this isnt a video game with level 10 auto tranny

dude, dont go bashing guys when you dont even know what you are talking about yourself...level 10 is a brand that makes parts for auto trannies. this actually sounds kinda interesting. it WILL be expensive to put down any power with an auto, but if you're willing to do it, you will have a very fast and consistent car. i have heard that a lot of import guys are actually going auto now, so there must be products and companies out there that can make auto trannies capable of planting power, such as level 10.

:withstupid: honda autos suck. . don't you think the top honda drag cars would use them if they could build them up to hold the power. . . honda autos are designed totally diferrent than any other auto manufacturer. honda autos are not your standard chevy turbo350 that can be built to shift fast, hard, and handle high amounts of power.

Originally posted by mattcalica@Sep 17 2003, 06:29 AM
dude, dont go bashing guys when you dont even know what you are talking about yourself...level 10 is a brand that makes parts for auto trannies. this actually sounds kinda interesting. it WILL be expensive to put down any power with an auto, but if you're willing to do it, you will have a very fast and consistent car. i have heard that a lot of import guys are actually going auto now, so there must be products and companies out there that can make auto trannies capable of planting power, such as level 10.

who gives a shit about auto trannies for everyday hondas, yeah the guys that are switching as you say must be running faster than 15 sec quarters dont you think? im sure this guy with his jean interior isnt going to see 10's anytime soon. sorry im not gay keeping up with auto trannie parts.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Sep 17 2003, 04:02 AM

bahahhahahahah

level 10 is a company that makes stronger trannies for hondas/acuras

:owned:

Originally posted by SolReaver+Sep 17 2003, 05:57 PM-->
@Sep 17 2003, 04:02 AM

bahahhahahahah

level 10 is a company that makes stronger trannies for hondas/acuras

:owned:

how am i owned because i dont know about gay ass honda tranny products. :sleep:

you were owned cuz you thought he was pulling things out of his ass about that level 10 stuff.

also why do you want a auto tranny?

i dont want one, thats not being owned but what ever you owned me, good for you, keep reading up on auto trannies

They are not just for Hondas, they make torque converters for almost all brands, Supra owners use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back