Auto b16 question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

t3t4si

OK well I blew the motor in my 99-00 civic si. It seems i just keep getting screwed over! I paid some garage in my area to rebuild the b16 with original honda parts. No fancy internals. Well i got the car back and I have no clue what he did but the motor blew the same day i got it back. I also still had to pay the shop to get the car back :angry: . So i saved alittle money and bought a jdm b16 longblock from hmotorsonline.com Advertised where the b16 sir1 longblock so i bought it. When the motor arrived I noticed it has an automatic flywheel. Anyway i didnt think anything of it. So we went on and placed the motor in the car. It's odd placing a pre OBD motor into an OBD 2 car. Anyways the car runs fine now. No problems however i discovered the automatic b16's came in the integra xsi. I also noticed the auto b16 specs sucks ass with 150bhp or 155bhp depending on the year. I at least want my old 99-00 si factory specs back what would you guys recommend doing to get my old power back? I think the cams have the main thing to do with the less power being an auto engine.

Not to mention, autos have single valvesprings. The cams are probably the largest difference though I would imagine.

Disadvantages: lower rev limit, less flexibility as far as cam profile goes. IMO, get some ITR outers and portflow inners and be done with it. I would say the same for any stock valvespring equipped motor.

Back