Auto classes at the comm college

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dreamer

hey all,

was wondering if taking autoshop classes at our junior college would be a good idea? is there a better way to learn more?

thanks

Are you graduating from high school soon and thinking of making a career out of this, or doing it for your own personal knowledge? Community colleges would be a great idea if you think you would seriously enjoy a career in the field. Otherwise just use the search feature on here for any general questions or make a post. You'll learn a lot from this site in a short time.
Just make sure you:
Don't speak in ebonics
Search before you ask a question

Originally posted by xyswany@Nov 2 2004, 05:19 PM
Are you graduating from high school soon and thinking of making a career out of this, or doing it for your own personal knowledge? Community colleges would be a great idea if you think you would seriously enjoy a career in the field. Otherwise just use the search feature on here for any general questions or make a post. You'll learn a lot from this site in a short time.
Just make sure you:
Don't speak in ebonics
Search before you ask a question
[post=410838]Quoted post[/post]​

i graduated three years ago and already have a career, i was just looking to learn more for personal use. ive been reading this site for a while and have learned a lot already, but its the more technical side of things i want to get into. ecu's, fuel management, things like that

Yeah go for it, I've been considering taking a welding class at the local community college just for myself as well.

definately go for it, i did 2 years at the community college i was at. its great place to use their tools/lifts and do work on your car. plus you have a whole class of people to lend a hand :)

The basic auto classes at community colleges are a great way to learn. Its also nice because you usually get to work on your projects with your own car, which will really help you to farmilliarize yourself better with your car. I took it last semester and really learned a quite a bit.
Depending on where you live and how heavily subsidised your tuition fees are it might be kind of expensive, but being able to draw from the experience of your teacher and your classmates makes it as a learning experience well worth it.

Awesome, thanks for the great feedback everyone!
And this is dreamer, I changed my name because as you can see, I'm not a chick.

Thanks!

No offense, but if your not a girl, then why on earth would you pick the name Dreamer? *cough*gay*cough*

my thoughts...

community college is good for base knowledge, but i am assuming you kinda know what you;re doing

i don;t think they will get into ecu's and fuel managment in a comm college class

i perosnally would advise that you save the tuition money and buy some books on the subject, teach yourself, and then get involved with uberdata and start messing around with it, you will learn a whole lot more a lot faster on your own...

or go to a tuning school, if such a thing exists

Originally posted by dveit@Nov 3 2004, 09:14 AM
No offense, but if your not a girl, then why on earth would you pick the name Dreamer? *cough*gay*cough*
[post=411206]Quoted post[/post]​

Dream Theater is an all girl band.
The song The Dreaming Tree was written by a girl.

Maybe I should have just slammed my fist on the keyboard while picking a name as you did.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Nov 3 2004, 09:44 AM
my thoughts...

community college is good for base knowledge, but i am assuming you kinda know what you;re doing

i don;t think they will get into ecu's and fuel managment in a comm college class

i perosnally would advise that you save the tuition money and buy some books on the subject, teach yourself, and then get involved with uberdata and start messing around with it, you will learn a whole lot more a lot faster on your own...

or go to a tuning school, if such a thing exists
[post=411228]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, the college here has several seperate courses starting with the basics. There is a fuel systems class, an automotive computer class, engine building, performance... and a few others.

sounds like they have a really good program

check a syllabus before enrolling
just make sure they will be covering things you care about and want to learn about

you can also prob sit in on a class or two with the prof permission to get a feel for it

Originally posted by Blanco+Nov 3 2004, 10:45 PM-->
Originally posted by Kcihcaton@Nov 3 2004, 03:03 PM
dveit
@Nov 3 2004, 09:14 AM

Maybe I should have just slammed my fist on the keyboard while picking a name as you did.
[post=411360]Quoted post[/post]​

Dream Theater is NOT an all girl band.
[post=411680]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe he's thinking Twisted Sister? "We look like girls, talk like guys, and play like motherfuckers."

Originally posted by Blanco+Nov 3 2004, 07:45 PM-->
Originally posted by Kcihcaton@Nov 3 2004, 03:03 PM
dveit
@Nov 3 2004, 09:14 AM

[post=411360]Quoted post[/post]​

Dream Theater is NOT an all girl band.
[post=411680]Quoted post[/post]​

That was sarcasm. Dreaming Tree was written by Dave Matthews. Fuck, I guess I'll explain the point I was trying to get across. The word dream shouldn't automatically be associated with girls.

Back