1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

auto ecu for manny?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by bustedknuckles, Dec 5, 2004.

1. bustedknuckles

bustedknuckles Member

I really need an ECU for a 94 Ls motor manual tranny. I have found a lot of ones for automatics though. I really need some help. So if you have one an Ecu for sale for a manny or know how to make an automatic one work please help me. Also i have an ecu from a 91 teg manual would that one work?

2. nfn15037

nfn15037 Senior Member

Remove RP17 and RP18 and replace RP18 with a jumper wire, there ya go, auto to manual :)

3. bustedknuckles

bustedknuckles Member

alrite sounds easy but where do i find them wires and what wire should i use for the jumper wire?

4. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

www.pgmfi.org is your friend. If you read and get a cheap sottering iron you can make your auto a 5spd :)

5. bustedknuckles

bustedknuckles Member

alrite i read and found where they were and what to do like nfn said. but i couldnt find on how to do a jumper wire. So how do you do it. I step-dad does a lot with computers and building boards so he knows how to sotter but how do i do the jumper once again. ya'll have been a lot of help i appreciate it

6. projekteg

projekteg Senior Member

a jumper wire is just a straight piece of wire that has no resistance. buy a resistor from radio shack or something and just cut the leg off and use it that for the jumper wire.

7. nfn15037

nfn15037 Senior Member

Read the library on pgmfi. They arent wires they are jumpers/resistors inside the ECU, just below the PROM spot on tha board. Things are labeled with characters such as "RP17" and "RP18"

FWIW, its "soldering" not "sottering"

8. projekteg

projekteg Senior Member

really, you don't have to use real jumpers, i promise, i've chipped more ecu's and done more auto to manual and p06/p05 to p28 conversions than i care to count. i've never once used a real jumper, i ALWAYS use legs that i've cut off of capacitors and resistors.

9. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

10. nfn15037

nfn15037 Senior Member

Ya I know what a jumper is, I was explaining to the other guy since he said he couldnt find the "wires", I assumed he was looking for some wires in the harness, I clearly understand what a jumper is.... :D

11. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted