auto ecu for manny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I really need an ECU for a 94 Ls motor manual tranny. I have found a lot of ones for automatics though. I really need some help. So if you have one an Ecu for sale for a manny or know how to make an automatic one work please help me. Also i have an ecu from a 91 teg manual would that one work?

Originally posted by nfn15037@Dec 6 2004, 12:31 AM
Remove RP17 and RP18 and replace RP18 with a jumper wire, there ya go, auto to manual :)
[post=426827]Quoted post[/post]​

alrite sounds easy but where do i find them wires and what wire should i use for the jumper wire?

alrite i read and found where they were and what to do like nfn said. but i couldnt find on how to do a jumper wire. So how do you do it. I step-dad does a lot with computers and building boards so he knows how to sotter but how do i do the jumper once again. ya'll have been a lot of help i appreciate it

a jumper wire is just a straight piece of wire that has no resistance. buy a resistor from radio shack or something and just cut the leg off and use it that for the jumper wire.

Read the library on pgmfi. They arent wires they are jumpers/resistors inside the ECU, just below the PROM spot on tha board. Things are labeled with characters such as "RP17" and "RP18"

FWIW, its "soldering" not "sottering"

Originally posted by nfn15037@Dec 6 2004, 12:16 PM
Read the library on pgmfi. They arent wires they are jumpers/resistors inside the ECU, just below the PROM spot on tha board. Things are labeled with characters such as "RP17" and "RP18"

[post=426999]Quoted post[/post]​

really, you don't have to use real jumpers, i promise, i've chipped more ecu's and done more auto to manual and p06/p05 to p28 conversions than i care to count. i've never once used a real jumper, i ALWAYS use legs that i've cut off of capacitors and resistors.

We have a write up on this in the articles forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by projekteg+Dec 6 2004, 12:00 PM-->
@Dec 6 2004, 12:16 PM

[post=426999]Quoted post[/post]​

really, you don't have to use real jumpers, i promise, i've chipped more ecu's and done more auto to manual and p06/p05 to p28 conversions than i care to count. i've never once used a real jumper, i ALWAYS use legs that i've cut off of capacitors and resistors.
[post=427023]Quoted post[/post]​

Ya I know what a jumper is, I was explaining to the other guy since he said he couldnt find the "wires", I assumed he was looking for some wires in the harness, I clearly understand what a jumper is.... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back