auto ecu in 5 speed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zack zerr

well i just did the b18a1 into my 90 hatch si... i have a ys1 trans and im kickin the code 9... i can rev all the way to 6... i have the si dizzy...and the pr4 ecu... it sputters in low rpms....and im stumped... my brother told me to put the pm6 in but when i did it sputtered worse... any help???

its possible the dizzy might be bad. you should not try to run the ls with a pm6. a sohc ecu is not designed to run a dohc engine.

d16a6ecucode9test.jpg

well the dizzy was on my friends car and it ran with no codes mabey i need to reset my ecu... havent done that yet... i just did the timing and it is on the first notch of the 3 on the crank pulley... could this be it???

When you set timing with timing light you need to set it on the red timing mark which will be the middle of the 3 marks. The white mark before the 3 will be your TDC mark. Use PR4 not PM6 for B18 swap. Pm6 will not provide sufficient air/fuel there for your timing will be offset..

i took the hazard fuse out and reset the ecu and now it wont start... i noticed why i was kickin the code 9... the wiring harness is spliced and the blu/green and blu/yellow were off... i put them back in the plug and it is not starting.... any help??

k so if i mod it will it start? wat about just changing the ecu? i put the pm6 that is out of a 5 speed and it still wont start.... any help?

ya got my buddys 5 speed pr4 and it started right up... im kinda low on cash so i might trade my p28 for an obd1 5 speed...i have the boomslang jumper for it.... will i need to change dizzy?

i'm lost as to whether your dizzy is obd0 or obd1 at this point. either way, there is an obd0 and obd1 pr4, so you're good to go either way lol.

well i ended up gettin an obd0 pr4 and it runs fine but when i reset the ecu it surges like the cool start thermal valve is stuck...then ill adjust the screw and it runs right

Back