auto - manual

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

ive asked this be for but i got no response. i want a tac for my 93 dx hatch, i know i can get the cluster from a manual si or an ex but can i use an auto and just change the faces? do they plug and play the same or can i only use the mt cluster? some one please help me i hate lookin at a stcok cluster. if anyone has info on this let me know. thx

pull a cluster out of an automatic EX or LX. it will plug right up, and have a tach.

no its a mt now with no tac

so your sayin it doesnt matter if it at or mt its just the faces that r different?

Originally posted by PhyRe@Apr 12 2004, 04:31 PM
no its a mt now with no tac

so your sayin it doesnt matter if it at or mt its just the faces that r different?

Buy a Ex, or Si cluster...if you have an auto, get an auto cluster, since it has the driving gears in the cluster, next to the fuel and temp guages.

but thats the thing i have a MT. will the AT work for my MT. is there a problem if i get an auto cluster and put after market manual faces on it. will the lights next to the fuel and temp light up even tho its an mt? or since its not an auto do those light become obsolete.

It WILL work, but it will look retarded if you have the auto driving gears on a manual...I dunno what those would do...most people get a manual cluster for a manual car.

It will work. You will not notice the indicator lights. Unless u get the white faced guages with no back lights, then the colors will shine through. But if u get a cluster with a tach and it is an automatic tr`anny then i dont know if it will work because there is a second green plug at the bottom of the cluster and there is nothing to plug into it.(right?) I know the is 2 gray ones(1 on an angle and one vertical) 1 yellow in the center and one green on the right side. But what is the green one on the bottom for? I have always wondered that... :ph34r:

Back