auto plugs on manual swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hellbert

i did a full harness swap (mine was thrashed) from a 93 ls teg to a crx. i swaped to a manual tranny and now i have all these ugly plugs hanging all over the place...what do i do with them? can i just...hack them off? or is there something else i have to do? using a PR4 ecu its not going to even know theyre there so i dont see the need to keep them unless i need to.

also, how to i wire in reverse lights? i know the reverse on an auto is off the shifter, not the tranny like on a manual so what do i do about them?

thanks in advance for any help, later

Who needs reverse lights? I dont have em...

Just leave the plugs there, or hack em off... doesnt really matter...

i need them haha you have to have tem to pass inspection here in good ol noth cacky-lacky i may be able to get away without them tho, i know a few people that do inspections. so i can just hack the wires right of then eh?

Since your car is now a Manual and as long as you arent using an AUTO ECU you wont need them. There isnt anything going to them anyway.

When I did my Auto-Manual I bought a complete wrecked 91 LS Integra and pulled everything I needed from it. Inlcuding the Manual wiring harness. Find a Manual Wiring harness and use it. The inspection station will never know the difference.

i already did one harness swap...i dont know if i want to do another haha. ill just find some1 i know that does them i guess. next year we done have emissions testing on the non OBD-II cars and if i get some1 i know to inspect it i really dont have anything to wory about haha its hopefuly going to be done by next wed. so i can take it to school and do all the body work then ill post some pictures on here.

how much is a 5 spd 93 integra cluster used?

would you trade for a CRX cluster? im kinda straped for money at the moment just trying to get the car running. ive got some1 that wants the CRX one and i told them they could have it if they found me a 5 speed one. i dont feel like stareing at the big green P all the time....:\

When I did my auto to manual swap I just brought two wires from the top of the tranny (reverse switch) to the area where the old shifter used to be. There should be a couple wires off of one of the wire harnesses from the old shifter to splice them into. All I had to do was splice them together and solder them together. I tore off the old slide switch from the old shifter and I could figure out based on that what wire did what. If you still can't figure it out I could go look at my car real quick.

Back