Auto swap anyone?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bigmikerican

:dry: alright ive done an b18c1 auto swap into a 93 civic dx auto chassy keeping it all auto the engine and tranny is jdm cuase only japan made gsr in auto now to the question its all in but the stupid mechanic could not get the right mounts and i searched and every custom mount made is for the manual swap not for an auto so does anyone know what mounts woud make the engine sit best in my ride cause its mounted in but he had to mod some of the body in the engine bay and he F'N bent my hood a little so the valve cover wouldnt hit now i dont care about the hood that much cause im gonna put a cf hood on but i wnat the engine to sit better so i have room for bolt on mods later please if anyone ever dealt with an auto swap of a b18c1 into a 92-95 dx let me know what mounts are best :worthy:

dont know which ones are making it mount up wrong i know he did use integra mounts mixed and matched till he got the right ones but its still not sitting right

he cut some of my fender well so the tranny can fit and he heated and bended the right wall of the engine bay and its still real tight but it looks like its sitting to high and thats why he had to bend the hood a lil so it wouldnt hit the valve cover

yes he is lol but hes a friend of the family so he only charged me 500 to do the swap and some other stuff like fix my window brakes so hes charging me like close to nothing but he doesnt know shit about swaps and now im fuckin running out of money and patience on this swap its been over three weeks

dude, straight up... if you had to bend frame rails and shit to fit it, the motor is NOT in the car right. you either have the wrong mounts, or they arne't seated properly.

the second you drive away, you're going to snap axles left and right.

should get the car back wed so ill have pics after thanksgiving up of the hack job :mad:

despite what everyone here is saying, it is concievable that the frame rail and fender well needed to be modified.

I've converted a GSR to automatic and because the auto tranny is about 1 1/2" taller than the 5 speed tranny and about 1" longer some body fabrication was necessary.

When I did the conversion, I had to sledge the bottom of the frame rail in about 2" to fit and had to reposition the mount bracket (the bracket that's welded to the frame rail) about 1 1/2" back towards the firewall. Additionally, I had to modify the upper portion of the frame rail to allow the bracket to sit back about 1/2"

What you should do is bolt up ALL the other mounts and check your clearances.
If your tranny is clearing fine, then you should see how the INTEGRA tranny mount is lining up with the Civic bracket. I'm thinking that you may have to change the bracket. I haven't had a chance to compare a 5spd vs. auto civic brackets.

Call your local honda dealer and see if there are different part numbers for the tranny mount bracket between autos and 5spds. If a difference does exist, you may be able to modify the mount. If the brackets are the same you're going to have to change the bracket to an integra one. It isn't that hard.. just a bitch to form the frame rail right. (It took me about 5 hours with a sledge to get the form accurate).

Ive converted cars as well. You dont need to fab anything. You can shim the mount to get the necassary height adjustment.

additionally, just recently i got rid fo the shimmed mount for a custom piece made by camp1320.com.

OMG after reading this I feel like my EG's rail is useless. I did a B16 SIR-II swap with auto trans and i couldnt get a mount to fit so i used my D15B7 trans mount and cut some of it to fit in the holes and also curved the rail so the trans could sit in good. BUT! i wanna convert to manual now, what do i have to do so my manual mount would go in?

BTW- what car did the M24A trans come from and what auto mount would of fit if i didnt cut nothing.

Back