auto swap in eg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

e30allday

just wanted to know if there is any B & up motor that i can swap into my 94 hb using an auto tranny?any body who has done an auto swap please let me know..thanks

Last edited:
You can swap pretty much any B-series engine into a Civic using an automatic tranny. The 90-01 Integras were available with automatics, so you can use that transmission.

Honestly though, that transmission blows complete ass for performance purposes. It's definitely got the worst gearing of any B-series gearbox.

Automatic GS-R and B16 transmissions do exist, but they were never put in any car here in the States, so you'd have to talk to an engine importer to try and get one.

Is there some reason that the car needs to be automatic? You'd have a lot more fun with a manual B-series than one with a slushbox...

You can swap pretty much any B-series engine into a Civic using an automatic tranny. The 90-01 Integras were available with automatics, so you can use that transmission.

Honestly though, that transmission blows complete ass for performance purposes. It's definitely got the worst gearing of any B-series gearbox.

Automatic GS-R and B16 transmissions do exist, but they were never put in any car here in the States, so you'd have to talk to an engine importer to try and get one.

Is there some reason that the car needs to be automatic? You'd have a lot more fun with a manual B-series than one with a slushbox...

hey thanks..i actually have to use hand controls to drive any car i own now..i know its much more enjoyable driving with a 5spd ..i remember those days.but unfortunately i cant.but are you sure that b swap with auto tranny can fit? i saw someone post that it wont work because the tranny is an inch too big ..:huh:lol.
i was originally planing on putting a k20 in there with but some gut at hasport sais that he "thinks" that the auto tranny is too big.but as far as a B swap is concerned i will just get a complete jdm Gs-R swap with auto tranny..i would also have the auto tranny built too.

Oh wait, you're talking about a 92-95 Civic here, right? I know automatic B-series swaps can be done in the EK models, but honestly I've never seen one done in the 92-95 chassis. Whatever Hasport told you is probably correct then. They are the experts on such matters...

o ok thanks ..well it looks like im gonna have to stick to my mini me or change to 5speed and make some kind of custom connection for pressing the clutch....

Back