Auto to manal swap. is it worth it

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

siccpnoy

im new to the import scene and my dad just gave me his 94 civic coupe automatic with a d16z7 stock motor. i was wondering if i should swap it to make it stick cause i wanted to get the full potential of the car overall. Should i manual swap it or just do the whole engine and transmission swap? Is It really worth it?

im new to the import scene and my dad just gave me his 94 civic coupe automatic with a d16z7 stock motor. i was wondering if i should swap it to make it stick cause i wanted to get the full potential of the car overall. Should i manual swap it or just do the whole engine and transmission swap? Is It really worth it?

I'm not very educated on the motors and all, but IMO, 3 pedals are ALWAYS better than 2... ;)

If you get the parts cheap enough and do it yourself, it can be a fun time doing it. If you plan on paying someone to do it for you, just sell what you have and buy a 5spd, you'll be ahead on cash.

odds are you can probably sell your auto and buy a manual for cheaper and save some money. in the long run between time and money invested, it isn't worth it.

If the car is mint as hell then I'd say it's worth it. Finding a clean 95 and older is damn near impossible where I am

If the car is mint as hell then I'd say it's worth it. Finding a clean 95 and older is damn near impossible where I am
i agree if your motor has low milage or you plan on doing an engine swap to either a b or k series making the transfer would deff be worth it. The swap may take some time i suggest taking your time looking for the parts if you plan on doing it yourself so you can find good quality cheap parts. good luck

i agree if your motor has low milage or you plan on doing an engine swap to either a b or k series making the transfer would deff be worth it. The swap may take some time i suggest taking your time looking for the parts if you plan on doing it yourself so you can find good quality cheap parts. good luck

The car is in pretty good condition just had some rust fixed and dents are all gone. the car has about 110k on it. the exterior is really clean. I'll post some pictures up soon. Interior is also clean except on the passenger side where the floor is not in properly.

its z6 and imo its worth it if car is clean you know what your doing if you unsure trade it for a 5spd

If you do it your self... 8am-8pm you could do the swap if you knew what u were doing. You would need parts tho, or a doner car lol.. You need clutch pedel and bracket, Master Slave Cylinder, Clutch lines, Slave on the 5 speed trans, Trans mount, clutch, flywheel... Linkage, P28 ECU inless you want to run the auto matic one, don't recomend it and the 5 speed cv shafts, I did cause my auto ones were shot. we installed and drove un 13 hours with help of a buddie... But if u kno squat about civics in what not.. sell and buy a 5spd.. saves money... cause parts listed above are about $500 more...and your left with auto parts not many people want.

the car doesn't sound mint at all, and frankly, I'd agree with the sell it and buy a manual statement.
it's about 500 bucks in parts unless you have a donor car and its a pain in the ass to run hydrolic hard lines.

Back