Auto to Manaul Swap...........

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

amb012977

I have a 1994 Integra that is auto that I am about to do teh manual conversion on. IS there any where on this site that has instructions for this. I did search but came up with nothing and that's probably because of teh way I worded the search. If anyone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate.

I just did one of a 1992 civic. For starters, the most intimidating part is the wiring. You can just leave the gear selector switch which is bolted onto your auto shifter under the console in PARK and crazy glue it there so you can remove the key. Thats it. Most importantly, continue to run the motor with the automatic ECU. Only disadvantage to this is that your back up lights will no longer work which doesn't matter really. So what you need is....

1. Clutch master and slave cylinders.
2. Clutch components and tranny
3. Custom bent tranny hydro lines which u can get at a good autoparts store and bend it urself using a cheap tool available there too.
4. Rubber hose available at dealer to connect hard clutch line on chassis to hard line mounted on tranny to allow for engine movement without putting stress on the line.
5. Clutch, gas, and brake pedals.
6. THROTTLE cable. They ARE different as to where they hook up in the notch on auto and manual gas cables.
7. Plug tranny cooler lines on radiator.
8. Braket to mount clutch master cylinder resevior bottle to chassis.

And thats about all i can remember, PM me if you run into any problems, hopefully i can help you.

Originally posted by integraenthusiest@Aug 18 2004, 12:52 AM
I am going to ask a really popular question among this group of people: Why didnt you get a manual in the first place? :D
[post=378363]Quoted post[/post]​

Because this old ass lady sold me this one for 1800 and I didn't want to pass it up being the great condition of the entire car to include the 10 year old leather.

Originally posted by integraenthusiest@Aug 17 2004, 11:52 PM
I am going to ask a really popular question among this group of people: Why didnt you get a manual in the first place? :D
[post=378363]Quoted post[/post]​

im in illinois <_< there's not much else here.

im doing the same thing in a 94 teg. im swapping a JDM Y1 cable tranny into it tho. should be interesting cuz i havent seen this done. (although i havent really searched) should be easy the way its turning out to look. cable is way easier then doing a hydro. (thank god) the mounts are another story...... good thing the shop i bought stuff from is a block away. :) and the tranny was $700 with the LSD and pressure plate. im getting the pedal set for $30 and the shift linkages for 100. and a free cable. im having a brain fart and cant think of the one disc's name, but im getting that for another $30. and hes just gonna give me she shifter. yay for a cheap and painless swap!.......hopefully.....

I know this is a little late, but you can get the reverse lights to work. I recently did the conversion in my 99 Civic. If you look at the gear selector box, there are two wires leading to the Reverse position. In my car, there was a green wire and a yellow wire. What you have to do is run two wires from the reverse sensor on the tranny and tie them into these two wires on the gear selector. Voila! Your reverse lights will work. Overall, the swap was not bad at all.

Originally posted by CW99coupe@Sep 16 2004, 11:59 PM
I know this is a little late, but you can get the reverse lights to work. I recently did the conversion in my 99 Civic. If you look at the gear selector box, there are two wires leading to the Reverse position. In my car, there was a green wire and a yellow wire. What you have to do is run two wires from the reverse sensor on the tranny and tie them into these two wires on the gear selector. Voila! Your reverse lights will work. Overall, the swap was not bad at all.
[post=391397]Quoted post[/post]​

Defently not hard at all. Wiring isn't bad at all, and I HATE wiring.

Back