1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto to manual Swap 99 Accord 2.3L4

Discussion in 'Accord' started by FlyBoy86, Jul 4, 2009.

1. FlyBoy86

FlyBoy86 New Member

Hi everybody! I'm new to HS forums so I hope i'm posting this in the right place.

I asked this same question on another car forum and got mainly skepticism, so i'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction!

I hate the granny-shifter in my '99 Accord (nice car otherwise) and I want to retro-fit with a manual trans. I have enough car know-how to change my oil, and maybe install a new battery so my friend(s) will be doing most of this work.

Questions:
    1. Is this even possible, realistically?

2. How much can I expect to spend on parts? I suspect I won't be able to find absolutely everything I need @ the salvage yard.

3. Do I REALLY need to change the radiator too?

Thanks!

FB86

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Why would you need to change the radiator? And yes, this is very possible. Honda enthusiasts do it all the time. All you need is to source all the parts that would be a manual transmission Accord (transmission, pedals, shift linkage, shifter, clutch lines, ECU, etc.)...

3. FlyBoy86

FlyBoy86 New Member

Well the radiator has an intercooler just for the trans fluid, so can I simply pull the lines and plug this up, by-passing the intercooler altogether and still have a functional radiator ?

4. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

yes

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted