auto to manual swap CRAZY?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

andrew714

i want to convert my eg to manual. everyone is telling me thats crazy and really expensive and to just buy a new manual eg. i am thinking that since i will be swapping the engine, i will be having to swap tranny as well and if i get a new manual tranny then all i would need is the clutch, shiftlinkage and shifter. what else do i need and what should i do? thanks

it's not that hard if you are already gonna do the swap. just get the pedals, shift linkage, master cylinder, and clutch lines. ther is probably some other things i forgot but i'm tired so if i think of it then i wil post it.

i just did one...you will need the pedal assembly with all the lines running from the clutch to the trans. you will also need the linkage that goes under the car. you will also need the manual trans and ECU.

the only thing i can say is to unbolt the steering column and disconnect all the wires to them to get them out of the way. also remove the fuse box.

next using a 12mm socket unbolt and reomove the pedals. there is a pin for the brake pedal and the throttle cable. it took me about 30 minutes to take the parts out and about the same to put them in. for the wiring there is 2 thick wires that go to the auto shifter just attach them so the car will start. you will have to drill holes for the bolts for the shift linkage and a piece metal do bolt in the hole. in the piece of metal cut a 2 1/8" hole in that plate and the shifter will fit through it.

THE PEOPLE WHO ARE CRAZY ARE THE ONES WHO SAY DONT DO IT BECAUSE THEY WOULD NOT!

email me if you need more clarification

Back