Auto to manual swap ECU question (help!)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Faramire

Hello all,

I swapped my d15b7 from an auto to a manual transmission, and it runs fine, however, the CEL comes on, because I did not swap ECUs.... Would i just need the ECU? or a harness?

And is there a DIY guide somewhere? Sorry for laziness in searching, but im at work atm, and can't be browsing too long
biggrin.gif

And if your selling one e-mail me @ Edtkwiatkowski@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Just to make sure I have the correct ECU then, If my current ECU is from a d15b7, from a 93 del sol S, is that the OB1 PCM that he is talking about?? Soldering is not an issue for me, I would just need to know how to find said jumper wire.

Also, in order to get to the ECU, I read that it is on the passenger side, under a plastic panel...

It appears to be a couple plastic panels, which one do I remove? and If it's the really big one, I don't see any screws, how do I remove this one?

What is a "jumper wire"

I can easily remove R17, but I need to run a "jumper wire" , which I am assuming is from R18 to R17, which is what it looks like...

Thanks

Also, in order to get to the ECU, I read that it is on the passenger side, under a plastic panel...

It appears to be a couple plastic panels, which one do I remove? and If it's the really big one, I don't see any screws, how do I remove this one?

The ecu is located on the passenger side kick panel(where a passenger would kick if he/she was out of control:huh:). On EK's and later there is a plastic panel to remove. Otherwise, its tucked behind the carpet. USDM

A jumper wire is exactly that. A wire. Find a decent gauge strand of wire.
Equivalent to a paper clip will do. Paper clips are coated, so I would not recommend, although Ive seen it done. :cool:

Great, thanks!

One last question,

Do i remove both R17 and R18, or am i removing R17, then wiring in a jumper wire from R18 to R17(Leaving in the R18 resister??)??

Actually, I did just as the two said, I removed both 17 and 18, and just installed a wire almost as thick as a small size paper clip across 18.

Would the thickness of the wire make much of a difference? Thinking maybe I should have used something a bit thicker, or 2x of the wire i used.

Actually, I did just as the two said, I removed both 17 and 18, and just installed a wire almost as thick as a small size paper clip across 18.

Would the thickness of the wire make much of a difference? Thinking maybe I should have used something a bit thicker, or 2x of the wire i used.

What you used should be fine..literally;)

Glad to hear :D Thanks for all your help.

I won't know for sure it worked until I finish up the body work, then my goal is to get it starting again... Just need battery and an oil change and should run like a champ :D

Back