1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto to manual swap ECU question (help!)

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Faramire, May 27, 2011.

1. Faramire

Faramire Member

Hello all,

I swapped my d15b7 from an auto to a manual transmission, and it runs fine, however, the CEL comes on, because I did not swap ECUs.... Would i just need the ECU? or a harness?

And is there a DIY guide somewhere? Sorry for laziness in searching, but im at work atm, and can't be browsing too long [​IMG]

And if your selling one e-mail me @ Edtkwiatkowski@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

2. RHDism

RHDism Right Hand Drive guru

3. Faramire

Faramire Member

Just to make sure I have the correct ECU then, If my current ECU is from a d15b7, from a 93 del sol S, is that the OB1 PCM that he is talking about?? Soldering is not an issue for me, I would just need to know how to find said jumper wire.

4. Faramire

Faramire Member

Also, in order to get to the ECU, I read that it is on the passenger side, under a plastic panel...

It appears to be a couple plastic panels, which one do I remove? and If it's the really big one, I don't see any screws, how do I remove this one?

5. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

6. Faramire

Faramire Member

What is a "jumper wire"

I can easily remove R17, but I need to run a "jumper wire" , which I am assuming is from R18 to R17, which is what it looks like...

Thanks

7. RHDism

The ecu is located on the passenger side kick panel(where a passenger would kick if he/she was out of control:huh:). On EK's and later there is a plastic panel to remove. Otherwise, its tucked behind the carpet. USDM

A jumper wire is exactly that. A wire. Find a decent gauge strand of wire.
    Equivalent to a paper clip will do. Paper clips are coated, so I would not recommend, although Ive seen it done. :cool:

1 person likes this.
  8. Faramire

Faramire Member

Great, thanks!

One last question,

Do i remove both R17 and R18, or am i removing R17, then wiring in a jumper wire from R18 to R17(Leaving in the R18 resister??)??

9. Faramire

Faramire Member

Actually, I did just as the two said, I removed both 17 and 18, and just installed a wire almost as thick as a small size paper clip across 18.

Would the thickness of the wire make much of a difference? Thinking maybe I should have used something a bit thicker, or 2x of the wire i used.

10. RHDism

What you used should be fine..literally;)

11. Faramire

Faramire Member

Glad to hear :D Thanks for all your help.

I won't know for sure it worked until I finish up the body work, then my goal is to get it starting again... Just need battery and an oil change and should run like a champ :D

12. RHDism

Be sure to post pix..:thumbsup:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted