auto to manual tranny swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

imprt92

im going to swap my auto trany for a manual in my 92 lude. i have the AT p13 ecu now i know the car has a tcu also. can i just take the tcu out and use the same ecu? or will i need a new ecu? thanks

The simple answer is no. The complicated answer is yes.

The TCU could be left there.

The ECU would either have to be swapped for a manual TCU, or the complicated answer would be to convert the ECU to manual from Auto.

I haven't done the second option, but I know that details are on the PGMFI.org site. You can also ask that specific question in the ECU forum, or better yet, search for the answer in that forum before asking.

What was your original TCU? By this, I mean, what was your original engine?

my original motor was a h23 i swaped a auto h22 now im going to swap the tranny i used the search engine for this topic and got no answer thats why i posted. and its a lude thats why i posted in the lude - accord forum.

Originally posted by imprt92@Oct 18 2004, 07:07 PM
my original motor was a h23 i swaped a auto h22 now im going to swap the tranny i used the search engine for this topic and got no answer thats why i posted. and its a lude thats why i posted in the lude - accord forum.
[post=404385]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, your new tranny will shift right where the old one did.

What's the redline on a H23?

the hondata website has info on switching an ecu to manual, i know its for a p28 though but it might be the same

Back