auto to manual with stock mounts? (DA)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Obd1c1DA9

sup!? first of all this is a LONG STORY so bare with me, sooo i understand innovative and hasport make auto to manual conversion tranny mounts for DA's but do to being a retard and trusting this mechanic I went to a while back I got talked into buying the most expensive hasport b series polyurethane replacement mounts to correct how my engine sat...it obviously sat the same way once the mounts were put in and the mechanic wouldnt give me my money back, since then I have properly shimmed the tranny mount to level out the engine but the problem is my tranny sits too far foward thus creating an akward passenger side axle angle.

SOO my question is if I replace the last existing automatic tranny mount connected to the front of the tranny with the manual mount, cut off the tranny mount connected to the unibody and re-weld it like your supposed to will everything line up ok??

If they used factory replacement Hasport mounts then that is most likely your issue. For the trans mount you need to use a conversion mount (ie Innovative Mounts # 49321, see link below) or you will need to cut off the a/t frame bracket found on the rh side of the engine bay and replace it with the m/t version. You can pick those up at you local deal. Personally I recommend using the conversion mount as I have seen many people have those welds fail, depends on who does it I guess.

Innovative Auto-to-5spd Conversion Mounts

huh, so i wont have to do any welding if i get the swap mount and replace the front auto mount with a manual? I have someone who wants to buy my mounts so i might sell them and replace everything but the swap mount with oem...im also running a gsr, lots of swappage here

Just to make sure im running a gsr and cant stand the vibration front the polyurethane mounts so I intend to replace all but the upper tranny swap mounts with oem mounts will they bolt right up to or is there any shimming involved?

as long as the frame mount (welded bracket) on your car has not been modified, then the auto to 5spd mount will bolt right on. Are you using a cable transmission or the hydro GSR trans?

Cable b16 with stock frame mount locations..and thanks to the akward axle angles when I hit a nasty bump last month it tore up the inside of the diff where the axles plug in so now theres chunks missing from that inner cuff.. not sure how bad that is but any ways heres a link to the mount ill prob need correct me if im wrong...

http://www.innovativemounts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=49321

Also will the engine/tranny feel wierd with just one polyurethane mount? Even if i go with the red street series bushing?

Last edited:
I just might do that! Give me a day or two and ill contact the number in your sig. im all the way in NY so how much for shipping to 12550?

Back