auto to manual

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just posted a thread yesterday about swapping my f23 out and i was wondering how hard would it be to build up this motor and run boost on it around 12psi and swap the head out with a dohc and the tranny from an auto to manual

would anyone have a complete walk through?
on any of the following
f23 with a h22 head (perferrably non vtec and obd2)
building up for turbo
auto to manual swap

Last edited:
Non-VTEC H22? Uh sorry, there is no such thing...try again...

Your car is already wired for VTEC anyway, so swapping to a non-VTEC motor would be a downgrade.

Last edited:
VTEC and boost aren't incompatible at all. You can get a turbo setup that spools fast and gives you a nice kick in the low end and still have VTEC to help out with your top end power. I just don't really see any reason to disable it. None of the big horsepower turbo B16, GS-R, or H22 builds I've seen have ever had their VTEC disabled.

Plus, there's really no motor that's an easy swap into your car that doesn't have VTEC. To run a non-VTEC F or H-series motor, you'd have to convert the wiring to OBD1, and that's just retarded...

yeah dont really want to go to a obd1 setup thats dumb on my part and on my tranny the reason i want to go to manual is because this is my 2nd tranny in this car and this one is messing up so i want to swap into a manual tranny the next time i have to replace it hince my car should have better throttle response b/c there is like a 2 sec delay when i floor it

Yeah I definitely agree that a manual tranny swap would be in your best interest...especially if you plan on boosting. Honda automatics are made to handle stock power levels...start applying more power and they're likely to break.

yes they do break i did a few power adders and my mom owned the thing before i did and the tranny worked fine the one that it had in it from the factory but when i got ahold of the car it had 70000 miles on it and i put a aem short ram intake skunk 2 throttle body and some dc sport 421 headers it made it sound meaner than what it did since here in arkansick mainly grandmahs or soccer moms drive this gen accord and on making the car lighter without tearing out the interor or getting rid of the pleather seats i have in ther what would be a good option on that i had a friend tell me to go with some rays gram lights and some lightweight pullys to take some of the stress off the powertrain and ive already removed all of my trunks interior panels and taken out the spare tire and jack ect i also have some fiberglass fenders and a seibon carbon fiber hood waiting to be put on (just waiting on warm weather to get it painted) and i would like to find some racing seats that are tan pleather

well all of my problems have just been solved i have a buddy of mine has found a 99 integra for 500 bucks 2 door with no motor or ecu in it the hood is missing and the front windsheild is cracked really bad and has 3 flat tires it is in pretty good condition except for the fact that it has no hood no motor or ecu but i have a set of konig rims with pretty much brand new tires on them and i am sure i could find a hood at a junk yard and replace the broken glass and get me a project car going with this one insted of having to wait around on the swaps and stuff to get done on my accord hince its the only sorce of transportation i have at the moment

Back