auto to manual

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hellbert

i just finished the swap, harness and all, on a B18A1 motor and trans. into an 88 CRX. my question is, what has to be done to move from auto to manual tranny? i was talking to a friend and he said him and this other guy did that to a D series motor and all they had to do was swap the tranny and ECU (and of course the other small things) and bolt it all back in. is it that simple? where can i get a tranny? what tranny should i use? will a type-r or a gsr tranny bolt up? i appriciate any help, later

Any b series cable tranny will work, there is a conversion kit to go from hyrdro to cable tranny by I think hasport. I did the swap on my crx. You need the pedals, clutch cable, manual ecu or a modified auto ecu, clutch parts, shift linkage, shifter. Look up on google and there are a bunch of pages on how to do it. Some minor wiring is needed but it isn't too bad. The worst part for me was doing the pedal assembly.

thanks for the quick response! ill check out your thread and see what i come up with. thanks again man! later

Back