Auto to Manual

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xkwzt21

Okay, when i did my swap i went from an automatic to a manual, and the only thing that doesnt work on my car now is cruise control. Is there a difference between the brain for an automatic cruise control set-up and a manual cruise control set-up?

anyone know anything about this subject. i really would like to have my cruise control working again in my car.

i think you are up shits creek because the control is set for the automatics you would have to change the whole control so that it goes with your manual the cruise control is looking for the change of gears when on your manual it doesn't it let the engine ride on the rpms you set for it pretty much and if you need to change gears your cruise control will shut off until you reset it again. beside who uses cruise control anyway...i didn't think about that for my swap...lol

i only got to thinking about it here recently when i had to take a 2 hour trip, both ways, and my legs were pretty tired after a soccer match. Just sitting there makes them cramp up after awhile, thats why i wish i had my cruise control, i have more of these trips to make in the coming months.

The cruise control doesn't work because the interior harness is wired up for the Auto shifter, and whoever did your wiring didnt do it right, or maybe theres a poor ground. I came accross the same problem in my car, you have to re-route the wires, consult your ETM for the schematics, and its mapped out for you - just look at the difference between the auto schematics and the schematics for manual.

thanks, im gonna try that out. i was actually in the process of looking for a new cruise control ecu and plugs to go with it, but this was will be the right way and save me some money as well.

Back