1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto To Stick Conversion

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by hondamd99, Feb 20, 2003.

1. hondamd99

hondamd99 Junior Member

i want to do a motor swap but to do this i have to convert my 92 civic sedan to stick, i want to know if anyone knows what parts i will need to get to chage the tranny's over

2. Prowler

Prowler Super Moderator

Buy a civic that's already a 5 speed. A person that converted a 94 Accord from auto to manual said he spent 900 bucks for parts and help on the install.

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

4. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

its about 200 bucks for parts from the junk yard it is easier to do if you plan to go with a cable tranny rather than a hydro

5. hybridsol

hybridsol Senior Member

200 bucks haha maybe in a fantasy world try like 500 plus without installation, i was going to do it on my last car but its not worth the money, sell the car and buy a manual

6. TRuggiero_

TRuggiero_ Senior Member

werd, I was gonna convert mine to a manual, but after thinkin bout it, I'm just gonna save up bout 3 grand, sell my car, buy a B18C and a 5spd shell. Much cheaper and easier.

7. hondamd99

hondamd99 Junior Member

so in other words it'll be easiest to just do a full motor and tranny swap. i'm not selling my car i've dumped to much cash into it. any one know where the cheapest place to get motors is (toronto area preferably)

8. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

what the hell kinda junk yards do you have the pedal assemely shifter assembley is cheap i can goto any bone yard and get the parts for this as i have done before

9. xj0hnx

I think I know what your saying,and I agree that you can get the parts at a junkyard for way cheap,but Jesus could you make any less sense saying it?

10. hybridsol

hybridsol Senior Member

ok there is only about hhmmm 10-15 more parts involved besides the pedal assembly and the shifter, trannys aren't anywhere near that cheap i'd like to see your 100 tranny ha cause if your goin to go that cheap you might as well wreck the car cause its not going to be running in about a week anyways, but look it up and call around i beat money you'll change your mmind, my previous civic was auto and its just to much of a pain to convert, you'd honestly be better off buying a car thats already manual

11. xj0hnx

If you plan it out the work can be done in a day,no problem.If your swapping out your motor anyway,everything will be apart.I've seen whole motor,tranny,axle shiftlinkage ECU's ,everything for the swap and conversion go for $200.If you offer to buy the whole car from a junkyard,you can usaully get it a lot cheaper.

12. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

if he is planning to buy a motor he would get it with a manual tranney and ecu

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted