Auto to Stick (need help)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shipsta

I have been going through hell the past few weeks, and spending a shi# load of money!

I am doing a complete swap from a 96 auto ls to a 99 JDM manuel type R. Is there a bracket of some sort that I have to put in place of the automatic shift bracket (in the interior)?

What kind of ecu should I get (OBD?) then what type of jumper harness should I get(OBD? to OBD?)?

You'll need an OBD2 ecu. If yothe car you're swapping into is a 96 than it should already be set up for OBD2.

Just out of curiosity, why are you mating a Type R tranny to an LS engine?

The first few gears on all the different class trannies are the same, but the 4th and 5th gears are quite different. Do you plan on building the engine?

Your full of shit, and i will believe that until you show me otherwise. The type-r is geared much closer than my ls trans in all gears. If I ran my car with the ls tranny, and then with the type-r tranny theye would be considerably different.

Your full of shit, and i will believe that until you show me otherwise. The type-r is geared much closer than my ls trans in all gears. If I ran my car with the ls tranny, and then with the type-r tranny theye would be considerably different.

Are you talking to me?

Sure, the ITR and LS trannies are different, but the difference in the 1-4 gears isn't huge.
The final drive on the ITR tranny is where the major difference lies. The shorter gearing in the ITR tranny will equal more acceleration, but any real gains are lost if the gearing doesn't accent your powerband.
The ITR tranny is geared more for "drag". Quick acceleration and WOT.

Back