Auto to stick

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

serrilion

In my own little world!
hey guys been looking at some of the forums. I need a little bit more adivce web sites in stuff.

The Manual trans for a 95 ex, does its mounts match an 95 Ex auto's????

Thats my 1st question

The Second is the manual is it easy to install ect. I know for a fact I can get all the linkage, pedals, shifter ect in... But the lining up of the trans? Should I have a pro do it for a couple hundred bucks or do it myself?

Let me know please and thank you!:rolleyes:

Well I can't afford to sell my auto cause well no one wants it lol. and my car orignaly was a manual so ya. I try the headace 1st. thanks though!

Swapping a manual to an auto.. Thats sad.. (haha)

Anyways, I'm pretty sure it's around the same on 4th gen as it is on your car, so have a look at this:
Rywire - Online Store

It's not all that hard to change a tranny. I've done it on a del sol and it took about 10 or so hours with about 5 hours of bsing to get it done. Take your time and be patient.

Thanks Man. I have a guy that worked at Honda for 10 Years helping he should be of some help. But that ardicel was very useful thanks: )

So your car used to be a manual? Check to see if the hydraulic lines or even the clutch master cylinder is still there. That would make changing back to manual alot easier

Hey.. So From the car I stripped I got like everything I think I need. I got the petal system, The hydrolic Steal line, all that good stuff, CV joins, The Trans in perfect shape with new clutch and Fly wheel. Linkage as well... Now the fun part installing it all >< anyway z any hits tips before I start this besides remove drivers seat?

I've never done it before... just don't kink the lines and make sure you bleed out the system really good. It may be easier to just remove the engine while you're at it. It will be alot easier to do the plumbing and bolt the trans up.

I've never done it before... just don't kink the lines and make sure you bleed out the system really good. It may be easier to just remove the engine while you're at it. It will be alot easier to do the plumbing and bolt the trans up.

haha, maybe to remove the engine but then again this is a 1 man Wrecking crew so idk. I think I leave the motor in there, Getting the auto off is the hard part.. getting the stick in there. Peace O cake, Now getting the hydrolic lines in place set up right ect? not such a Peace o Cake with pedels ect also not to mechion the P-N set up along with reverse Lights haha! Sigh and I thought a Manual ECU fix this lol!:D

Back