Auto Tranny To Manual

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fastaccord

Okay as some of you may already know I have a 90 accord and now along with the engine swap I want to switch the tranny to a 5 speed. I was wondering what parts would be necessary? About how much I should look to spend for this? Has anyone here done this before?

Peace*

Man im with you. I have a 94 accord and also have an auto. Ive been quoted about $1500 for everything. I just want to find a totalled out accord thats cheap with everything i need. :beer:

:ph34r:
i fyou want a stick swap you will need the manuel trans clutch master and slave and the hydro line that runs from fire wall to trans you will also need the pedel assymble from a manuel including gas brake and clutch then you will need to leave the box that tells the computer that the car is in park above the brake pedel leave that alone and you will also need to leave the shift selector you know the thing that showes what gear you are in that has to stay that way the car will start ather then that you will be home free
chad

Thanks Chad, SIRH22....do you feel that you get less respect from your friends because your car is an automatic?

Peace*

you need a new ecu, clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, clutch fluid reservoir, misc clutch lines, clutch pedal assembly, 5spd brake pedal,clutch, flywheel, shift linkage. It is better if you are planning on engine swapping.

i'm about to swap also and so far all the parts that i bought has come up to about $750. the only thing i have left to get is the P2P ECU and fluid lines. and then find someone who will do it pretty cheap.

I have a 91 ex w/ an auto I found a 5 spd lx for $275 and I'm gonna do the swap myself but at my vo-tech ... the easiest way to go is to get a whole nother car....How long do you think it will take you..

Originally posted by kaoskustoms@Feb 18 2003, 02:26 PM
then you will need to leave the box that tells the computer that the car is in park above the brake pedel leave that alone and you will also need to leave the shift selector you know the thing that showes what gear you are in that has to stay that way the car will start
chad

Can you explain this statement a little more. If you take all the automatic components out, you shouldn't have to worry about any of the stuff you listed. It should be amatter of wiring the pedals properly. At least this is how it worked for my Prelude.

Originally posted by kaoskustoms@Feb 18 2003, 02:26 PM
......then you will need to leave the box that tells the computer that the car is in park above the brake pedel leave that alone and you will also need to leave the shift selector you know the thing that showes what gear you are in that has to stay that way the car will start ather then that you will be home free
chad

I don't know what box your talkin bout but all he has to do is set the shift selector plate in park then hold it there with like a silicone sealent, then put your 5 speed in. Your guage cluster will say P when your driving, so you might wanna install a SiR guage cluster.

Back